Topic: Northern Ohio Team Lost 2 members to RV life.

We are a Cleveland/Akron team who in the last year and change have lost 2 un-related members to the new madness of full time RV-ing. Apparently it's now a slippery slope of going from the team member who has the camper, to the itinerant nomad.

So we really could use some full time team members. Right now it's just me and Ratdoggy and a 1988 Thunderbird V-8 with a manual swap on an open car hauler. The car is getting a Race Capture Pro data logger/Dash upgrade from our former home brewed Arduino and Pi3 system which has slowly been circling the drain.

We're looking to do 2 races in 2024 probably Late Spring and Fall. I want to do Sebring, but that's about as likely as winning the lottery. I'd have video of newer races than 2019, but the GoPro didn't make it through COVID.

Don't rely on the Forum E-mail. It seems to not always work.
--
Mike Zaite
MBTL Racing
PIT 2019 https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPGg … TCz4SmbDPz
Gingerman 2019 https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPGg … IuA3otchmZ

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Re: Northern Ohio Team Lost 2 members to RV life.

Interested. Sent you a forum email. Let me know if you did not receive it, and we'll figure out another way to connect.

- Justin

Yea it actually came through. Answered you there.

A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

Just sent you a forum mail.

Hi guys.

My name is Rich Denisar. 
I am responding to your ad needing a teammate in Kentucky Sept 21,22 

I have recently this year started racing Lemons. 

A guy i met at a 3 hour endurance go kart race, invited me to be on his team after I won the endurance event. 

I totally understand the need to be consistent, stay out of trouble, and get the job done.   but if we were to get to the end, and you said its time to go for it, I have the ability.   

I just bought a car to race here on the East Coast, and Im building a second one.  I will be racing all the East Coast events with my cars. and i am looking to travel to all the other tracks to be on someone elses team. 

I would be honored if you will consider accepting me on the team.  I will not let you down.  Everybody likes me!   I can be funny as shit, and an all around good guy. 
I'm  semi retired. 

I can also offer you guys seats in one of my two cars if you are able to travel out here to the east coast.

call me   Rich   609-712-0206

We need a local to NE Ohio team Member. I’m keeping names for Arrive and Drives, because more people means less $ per person, and that’s always good. But, we need one to two locals first to keep the team healthy so we can go to races. Just me and Ratdoggy can’t front this all without more person-hour and team infrastructure resources.

North East Ohio seems super dead for people wanting to race cars. (Or most anything else really)

Post a flyer on the bathroom board at nelson ledges. Or go hang out at summit racing on the weekends to find people that look like they have too much time on their hands?

Maybe team up with the burnt rubber soul guys, I know one lives in Lakewood now, not sure about the other. They're building a mustang though right now so already in the ford family.

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

Hey guys-- I'm in Cleveland and would be interested in joining.  I also have a friend in Kent (who is very mechanically gifted) who may be interested too.  I'll follow-up in an email.

9 (edited by Guildenstern 2024-03-08 04:11 PM)

We’re still looking. Pickings are slim up here on the Mistake By The Lake.

You’ll all be clamoring to move here when the Water wars start in 5-7 years. But for now it’s Cleveland as usual.

10 (edited by bill480 2024-03-20 06:30 AM)

Guildenstern wrote:

We’re still looking. Pickings are slim up here on the Mistake By The Lake.

You’ll all be clamoring to move here when the Water wars start in 5-7 years. But for now it’s Cleveland as usual.

You guys lose my number? tongue

If this is the Bill who got screwed out of Pittsburgh thanks to COVID, worse. I have your number but didn’t put any notes in so it was just floating around in my contacts and neither me or Verbel could remember which bill was who in my phone.

I’ll give you a call!

Wait….I’m an idiot…
Direct message me your number or last name so I can actually know which Bill.