Topic: PittRace Sunday night camping.... Yes, Sunday night.

Is anyone interested in staying at PittRace for one additional night after the April race ?  I ask because my team is doing a double header and heading to CMP directly from Pitt, and given that it's a one day drive between the two, I asked PittRace if they would allow camping on Sunday night.  The next step would likely be a campground near CMP for the days prior to that race. 

In order to allow anyone to stay on grounds, they would need to staff a security guard for the night at a cost of $300, shared between a number of teams, this might make a good option to packing up and leaving, only to drive a couple hours before stopping again if you live beyond a one evening drive. 

So are any other teams interested in staying an extra night and sharing this extra cost ?  It's certainly cheaper than a hotel room when even split a few ways.  Obviously doesn't make sense if only a few teams are staying, and at this point I have 3 teams committed, so the price will drop per team as we keep getting more.

So now that PittRace is a mere 4 weeks away, and some of you are just starting to think about plans and putting your heap together, if you have a long drive on Sunday night and don't make it all the way home, consider the option of staying at Pitt and leaving first thing in the morning. No rush after the race, pack the car and the tools, and otherwise relax for a change ! Most of all, save the cost of the hotel, this is cheaper, probably.

The track will allow us to camp an extra night for the cost of I have at least 3 teams at this point, so we're trying to get the shared $300 cost as low as possible, and commit to the track early. Assuming another 3 teams (for a total of 6) agreed to stay the extra night, it would cost just $50 to stay the extra night, I'm guessing they would also charge us camping as well, but they just might forget, hard to say.

So who else is interested in staying one extra night and heading out Monday morning ? No huge party, no stuntin and splodin, just a relaxed packup, chill by the campfire, trade stories from the weekend, and head out in the AM fresh for the long drive home.

I'm usually just on Facebook, not the forums, so hit me up there if you can, but I'll check back here as well.

Glen Farney
#510 Bright Ideas Racing (the slow yellow truck)

Glen Farney
#510 Bright Ideas Racing
Chevy S10 Village of Lemons
Department of Highway Debauchery

Re: PittRace Sunday night camping.... Yes, Sunday night.

I'm still in, even though I can't find the message on FB (because the interface sucks so hard). You can find me or team at Electric space 9.

So count that as 4 teams?

That guy

That should be easy, we're in #10.

Glen Farney
#510 Bright Ideas Racing

Handy coincidence.

That guy

5 (edited by Stan in Bham 2024-03-17 01:54 PM)

If you're headed to CMP and planning to camp near there before the race, there is a nice state park (Andrew Jackson State Park) about 10 miles north of Lancaster SC. It has been about 15 years since I was there, but camping prices were reasonable, it was uncrowded, pretty area, and it is fairly close to CMP.  There is another park (Cane Creek SP) just across the state line in North Carolina, about the same distance N/NE from Lancaster.  Not sure about car trailer access, but would expect it to be okay since they have spaces for travel trailers.

Thanks, not sure where we will end up, different team mate is taking care of the inter-racial travel plan, and he's got ideas to visit every micro-brew in the area, I'd hate to get in the way of that  :-)

Also trying to find a site suitable to two truck/trailer since we have both a race car and camper in tow behind pickups, I hate to rent two sites just for parking, and we want the ability to work on the car (quietly of course) if we have work to do between races.

Glen Farney
#510 Bright Ideas Racing

Lemons PittRace Sunday night camping is ON!

I'm going to commit to the Sunday night camping so they can arrange the staff (which is what the payment is for). I think there is enough interest to get the cost down to about $50/team (or less with additional teams), so I'll make the payment, and then collect from teams that stay on Sunday night to even out the costs per team.

Bright Ideas Racing will be on electric site 10 in the #510 yellow S10.

Glen Farney
#510 Bright Ideas Racing

This is great stuff. Thank You. I don't think were gonna stay another day  ( I am checking with my team now ) but its a great option.

Pitt is kinda close to home for me so leaving after a long Sunday is not too bad ...But if you are like 10 (or more)  hours away form home  staying Sunday can be a life saver.

Really Appreciate your work on this.

Cordoba