Topic: Themes

For those with more Lemons experience than I have, especially those running multi-car teams:

Is trying to field a four car team enough of a theme on its own? 

We've done fine running two and three cars, but for some reason adding a fourth seems like a much bigger step than adding the second or adding the third one.  Would I have been better off just kicking the trailer hitch with my shin several times in a row?

Re: Themes

Yikes!  4 is more than plenty 

Good luck

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Stan in Bham wrote:

For those with more Lemons experience than I have, especially those running multi-car teams:

Is trying to field a four car team enough of a theme on its own? 

We've done fine running two and three cars, but for some reason adding a fourth seems like a much bigger step than adding the second or adding the third one.  Would I have been better off just kicking the trailer hitch with my shin several times in a row?

I can speak to this. We have four (technically 5 cars, #5 is not ready). All of our cars have "simple" but related themes. We are the 'Sesame Street Outlaws' so we decorate the cars in the colors of a Sesame Street character, paint on any famous sayings and send it. It doesn't have to be elaborate but having them all follow basic theme is what you want to shoot for.

if you go to our home page on Facebook. The main picture is from NJMP where we had three cars. It wasn't as horrible as we had expected.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100086452023638

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

If you guys are really bad drivers and go off course a lot you could do a "generic henchmen/villans" theme 4 coordinated cars looking like they are all chasing someone down would be funny

Or minions, presumably 4 cars means a lot of drivers.   Having a ton of ppl all dressed up as minions would be hilarious.

I don't have multiple cars but the endless options to coordinate everything may be logistically annoying but would be really cool

Biggest team I was ever on had 7 cars at the same race. The thing to do with multiple cars is to assign sub-captains to cars to help manage the minutiae - Make sure there are drivers in the car, make sure pit stops happen. Then the actual captain can be managing the chaos of the one car that just won't work. Or multiple cars, whatever.

Delegate the essential but not critical work to competent people who can manage but cant wrench. They'll get it done, then the main captain can manage the wrenching.

Unless you have 4 cars that run. In that case, carry on.

That guy

Hi STAN IN BHAM! I'm assuming you're in Bellingham, Washington.

We're also in Bellingham, Washington. Could you send me an email? theglassishalf at gmail dot com or text 808 two five three 8387?

I might have sent this as a PM but frankly if you're doing Lemons and you're in Bellingham it would be cool if you emailed or texted me even if you're not Stan.

We're building a 900HP EV Volvo Station Wagon.

Stan's a little further south.

Interesting project! I would be very interested in reading a build thread.

Newton-Metre: At some point we might do a full build thread here, but in the meantime we have:

A youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@SalishSeaEV (content coming soon....pre-subscribe please!)
A facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1565198744280433
A team member application form: https://forms.gle/8n3veTAw68aZua6q9

There is so much to do.

A YouTube channel with no content yet? Weird flex.

A team member application with no car? Specifically NOT a 900 hp Volvo electric vehicle without even teaser pics? I'm not clicking those links.

That guy

Salish Sea EV wrote:

Hi STAN IN BHAM! I'm assuming you're in Bellingham, Washington.

We're also in Bellingham, Washington. Could you send me an email? theglassishalf at gmail dot com or text 808 two five three 8387?

I might have sent this as a PM but frankly if you're doing Lemons and you're in Bellingham it would be cool if you emailed or texted me even if you're not Stan.

We're building a 900HP EV Volvo Station Wagon.

I lived in the Lacey/Olympia area previously, but am now much further south and east in Birmingham, AL, not Bellingham, WA. 

Wish you good luck with your ambitious build, though!

@Stan Thanks!

@Dirty I don't think we need you to click on the application, thanks. But you can check out our first video here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHAC8bWQdFk