1 (edited by J_behnke 2024-01-31 07:16 AM)

Topic: Looking for team in North East Wisconsin area

I'm looking for a team to join in the North East Wisconsin (Fox Valley) area, if one exists. I had the opportunity to race in Lemons at Road America last year, and now I want to be a little more involved in Lemons.

I am handy with a wrench, but not handy enough to support a car on my own. I thought about starting my own team, but decided not to because I don't have the knowledge to do something like pull an engine or transmission. I didn't want to end up with an expensive paperweight. I am always happy to learn, though.

I've been driving stick shift cars for around 10 years, so that's not an issue. It doesn't matter if the car is RWD or otherwise. I'm not picky.

The biggest issue is that I'm VERY tall. 6' 8". In most cars, my helmet won't be far enough under the rollcage to meet the rules. As much as I'd like to accommodate the car rather than trying to find a car to accommodate me, there isn't much I can do about it short of removing a few vertebrae.

I know it's a longshot, but if there are any teams in the NE Wisconsin area that are looking for a new member, shoot me a forum mail.

Re: Looking for team in North East Wisconsin area

I think you're half-way to your own custom selected vehicle - probably big 'ol 'Murrican iron - and the Grand Prize of Lemons - the I.O.E..

And by reputation, mechanical help at the track is pretty easy to come by.

I'd say "Go for it!", and pick what you'd like.

Lemon_Newton-Metre wrote:

I think you're half-way to your own custom selected vehicle - probably big 'ol 'Murrican iron - and the Grand Prize of Lemons - the I.O.E..

And by reputation, mechanical help at the track is pretty easy to come by.

I'd say "Go for it!", and pick what you'd like.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the only issue. Cost is a big one as well. While I probably could finance a car by myself if I absolutely had to, it would put me in a very uncomfortable situation financially. I know some people that would be interested in one race, but after that they probably wouldn't be interested in continuing to sink money into it as much as I would.

Mostly, the issue is that I would likely be supporting this entire thing myself, and I don't think that's realistic. So for now I think I'll stick to A&Ds unless I can find an existing team. At least I know I can fit in the racevan haha.

I'd be down to form a team. I'm in the Green Bay area.

Milwaukee car in process... looking to grow the team
Maybe we put the rollcage on the outside?l... dunno how to do fitment Fer giants, but I'm willing to talk options...lol
Holler back

Maybe we put the rollcage on the outside?l... dunno how to do fitment Fer giants, but I'm willing to talk options...lol
Holler back

DailyShifter wrote:

Holler back

Sent you a forum mail.