Topic: Could Elon Musk win Lemons?

I was just wondering, and trying to figure out...

If Elon Musk came to a Lemons race with his best, brand new Tesla....

---- Could he even win Class C???
assuming he would need to go to a charging station at the track, or more likely drive somewhere where there is one?

Class C winner at Pittsburgh did 303  laps, track is  2.78 miles long...so he would need to do  842 many miles total....421 miles each day
I guess with track racing, his Tesla could maybe do 150 miles between charges?  or less...I don't know....
so 2 stops on Saturday to charge and 2 stops on Sunday...but I guess they would not be for a full charge....how long does it take to charge a Tesla with a Supercharger, assuming it was available?

Anyways, I don't know that much about Teslas...so maybe someone else could do the math...

I think the guy is kind of a nut, , so if someone "trolls" him, challenges him, maybe he would show up.....???   that would be spectacular....especially to see his Tesla lose to my crap can...

---and, if there is no way he could win Class C, would Jay & Co. give him any penalty laps????

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

Re: Could Elon Musk win Lemons?

Your thinking forgets one large thing. money.

He could just buy the entire series.

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

MZAVARIN wrote:

I was just wondering, and trying to figure out...

If Elon Musk came to a Lemons race with his best, brand new Tesla....

---- Could he even win Class C???
assuming he would need to go to a charging station at the track, or more likely drive somewhere where there is one?

Class C winner at Pittsburgh did 303  laps, track is  2.78 miles long...so he would need to do  842 many miles total....421 miles each day
I guess with track racing, his Tesla could maybe do 150 miles between charges?  or less...I don't know....
so 2 stops on Saturday to charge and 2 stops on Sunday...but I guess they would not be for a full charge....how long does it take to charge a Tesla with a Supercharger, assuming it was available?

Anyways, I don't know that much about Teslas...so maybe someone else could do the math...

I think the guy is kind of a nut, , so if someone "trolls" him, challenges him, maybe he would show up.....???   that would be spectacular....especially to see his Tesla lose to my crap can...

---and, if there is no way he could win Class C, would Jay & Co. give him any penalty laps????

The only hope would be a completely custom designed vehicle. Anything he's got now wouldn't even be remotely competitive. They've tested them on the track and everything overheats pretty quickly.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

And remember, a 'mass produced' vehicle. Though, modifications are encouraged for Lemons vehicles.

I think he could show up with a modified 'hot-swappable' Tesla, and a trailer of battery packs, and a crew (probably made up of some of his friends or Tesla employees), and do pretty well in regard to keeping moving during the race, and turn a lot of laps.

But my previous objection to the 'hot-swappable' power packs (being adding parts)/ as compared to charging those packs (the charging being the 'refueling') still stands.

I think the power line 'in the track', where the car can be continually charged, is the solution. Same for the Interstate highway system and U.S. highways; batteries wouldn't need to be nearly as capacitous.