Topic: Race timing app

I've been working on an app to bring race timing, updates and flags into the car for drivers as you're racing and wanted to share it here for folks to test it out and give feedback. I tested this a few weeks ago at Sebring for Radical Cup and Porsche Sprint Challenge and I'm interested to get feedback on its use in Lemons racing.

Video overview: https://youtu.be/7h9J_PuO0xs

Who is it for?
- Amateur racers in series such as Lemons, SCCA, NASA, spec series racing, time attacks
- This is not for track days as typically they don't have timing loops running to avoid people chasing lap times

What does it do?
- Gives you live race information from the official timing system
- Info includes lap times, overall and class race positions, sector times, race time remaining, current flag status (red, full course yellow, green, checkered)
- You get both a visual and audio output
- It connects to Race Monitor and a few different spec series feeds today, and I am looking to add more feeds soon

How do I use it?
- You will need to mount your phone in the car, depending on your setup, there are a variety of different ways to go about this
- If you want to use audio, you will need a bluetooth receiver and then a splitter cable. Racing Radios have a variety of options to make this work so you can hear both the audio from the app and still maintain your racing radio audio

It's free to use and would love any feedback and suggestions on how to make it better! You can get the app on the appstore here: https://apps.apple.com/cz/app/flying-la … orm=iphone

It's iOS only right now, if there's enough demand I might make an Android version

Re: Race timing app

Registering interest for an Android version.

bwright888 wrote:

This is not for track days as typically they don't have timing loops running to avoid people chasing lap times

FYI, the above (bolded) is not the main reason.  The main reason is because introducing timing makes it a competition event in the eyes of the insurance companies....i.e. the rates will be higher for any event with timing & scoring.

I'm definitely interested in an Android version.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

In for an Android version.

That guy