Topic: The Beer at Sears Pointless

had better be phenomenal

no excuses, whatsoever.

if you are at a loss, here's a pointer or two

Bear Republic Racer 5/Hop Rod Rye.
Also, they might have growlers of the almighty Racer X available at the brewery -- check it out!

Lagunitas Dogtown Pale Ale (the stuff we can't get in southern california)
Lag's little sumpin' or little sumpin' extra
Hop Stoopid (obviously, I like the hoppy stuff)

Anything at all from Russian River will earn you the Judges respect. If anyone with forethought got a growler of Pliny the Younger, the Lemons Gods will smile upon you.

Bonus: Moonlight. You know what I'm talking about.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

2 (edited by Rockford Brodie 2010-02-24 01:07 PM)

Re: The Beer at Sears Pointless

What a coincidence.  I was just looking at a selection of beers made by Kansas City's Boulevard Brewing Co. and wondering which one you guys would most like to try when you come to the Omaha race, and it seems their Single-Wide I.P.A. might do the job quite nicely.

http://www.blvdbeer.com/images/SWIPA_bottle.jpg

Here's a rundown of all the beers they make.  If you see anything that piques your interest, let me know.

http://www.blvdbeer.com/beer.htm

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching

It's Sonoma...  Sure you don't want a nice bottle of the vino?

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

How about a beer registry so you don't end up with too much of one type of beer...or is that the idea?

Gembesties Racing
FB.me/gembesties
Denver/Sacremento

okay....  so if a black robe wearing person were to have the choice of high end beer (lots) or a bottle of nice single malt.....what MIGHT that person choose?

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

I'm bringing every flavor of Boulevard to MAM in August including the Smokestack Series.  They were kind enough to give me a big Boulevard sticker for the hood of the car and since they sponsor my ITC Fiesta, I do my best to pass out as much free beer as possible.  Yes folks, I said free.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Bullitt Bobcat 2.0
Fox Cougar Sedan

icemang17 wrote:

okay....  so if a black robe wearing person were to have the choice of high end beer (lots) or a bottle of nice single malt.....what MIGHT that person choose?

What do you mean OR?

Why do they have a picture of a 1950s recreational vehicle on a product named after a manufactured home?

Rockford Brodie wrote:

What a coincidence.  I was just looking at a selection of beers made by Kansas City's Boulevard Brewing Co. and wondering which one you guys would most like to try when you come to the Omaha race, and it seems their Single-Wide I.P.A. might do the job quite nicely.

http://www.blvdbeer.com/images/SWIPA_bottle.jpg

Here's a rundown of all the beers they make.  If you see anything that piques your interest, let me know.

http://www.blvdbeer.com/beer.htm

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

too bad we don't have any good beer in Portland to bring you.

djsupersoul wrote:

too bad we don't have any good beer in Portland to bring you.

http://www.portlandbeer.org/

Portland Schmortland

That's right, I said Schmortland

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

One batch of A.A. IPA homebrew (8.5%/~95 IBU), loaded in the Cherokee's in-car cooler.

-TPC

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

The Dr. will have Lagunitas IPA on TAP at his bash Sat. night the 6th at the Wildfox!! Of course the "take no prisoners" 007 Jaguar will run flawlessly all day so we will arrive early.

Dr. No-Disturbed Brilliant Mind behind the "take no prisoners" 007 Jaguar

2WheelsOff wrote:

How about a beer registry so you don't end up with too much of one type of beer...or is that the idea?

No such thing...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

had better be phenomenal

no excuses, whatsoever.

Also, they might have growlers of the almighty Racer X available at the brewery -- check it out!

Anything at all from Russian River will earn you the Judges respect. If anyone with forethought got a growler of Pliny the Younger, the Lemons Gods will smile upon you.

Good choices--   to continue the Sonoma County theme, a couple of bottles of Cider from Ace in the Hole from Sebastopol would go over well with the Judges helper......

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Ronman, I have no earthly idea.  Hell, until yesterday I'd have guessed "IPA" was some kind of tax code.

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching

Schmortland!?

Judge Jonny wrote:

had better be phenomenal

no excuses, whatsoever.

You'll drink Schaefer and LIKE it, you spoiled ninny.

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

GnomeFabTech wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

had better be phenomenal

no excuses, whatsoever.

You'll drink Schaefer and LIKE it, you spoiled ninny.

And you'll LOVE the special form I'll be making you fill out