Topic: The white 300ZX with the wrench on the roof

Your tow vehicle sure was fast smile  You passed us on the way back towards DFW on 45 last night at sunset.  Cummins > *.  We were in the white '05 Cummins following the grey Duramax/Black enclosed trailer.

Serious Business Motorsports
'84 BMW 325e. 
Official...ish BP Raceteam of the North Dallas Hooptie.

Re: The white 300ZX with the wrench on the roof

That was me, I turned right on to 288 at 4:08, I took the Legacy exit in Plano, about 315 miles, almost exactly 4 hours later. So, ya, I tow fast. Truck is an '01 cummins, I love that thing, I purposely bought more truck then I needed to pull an open trailer with a fairly light car.  The thing is rock steady at 90, but I tend to do 80 to 85, unless all the buttheads going that way have thier heads too far up thier ass. Also had lots of practice going back and forth to TWS. Funny thing is I always go faster coming home than going there.

P.S. Thanks for noticing

3 (edited by MikeN 2010-02-22 04:18 PM)

Wow.. you guys are pretty close to me smile

We got back around 11pm.  Stopped at Texas Roadhouse, ate and relaxed

Mike N
team JB Weld ('97 Pontiac Grand Prix)
team eLemonators ('91 Toyota Celica - retired)

bimmerd00d wrote:

Your tow vehicle sure was fast smile  You passed us on the way back towards DFW on 45 last night at sunset.  Cummins > *.  We were in the white '05 Cummins following the grey Duramax/Black enclosed trailer.

I think I saw yall a couple of times on the way back. We were pulling the 89 green mx6

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

MikeN wrote:

Wow.. you guys are pretty close to me smile

We got back around 11pm.  Stopped at Texas Roadhouse, ate and relaxed

oh nice, I work in Allen and we generally build the car at a guys house up in mckinney!

Serious Business Motorsports
'84 BMW 325e. 
Official...ish BP Raceteam of the North Dallas Hooptie.

Phil,
  I see you guys did better this race, sorry I wasn't there...any problems, black flags?  Are you planning to do the New Orleans race.

I'm going to try to get a ride at the Sears Pointless race - the track is only 4 miles from my house - and maybe a couple of others out here...

I'll probably be in Dallas again in late March to get the tranny replaced on the motorhome and sometime in April also - maybe once a month just to make sure nothing changes out there...

We will have the Dirty Some Beach at Eagles Canyon, though, so be ready for that....

Dirty Some Beaches - Lemoncello Racing - Honda Wag-O-Van
Team Red Bear - BMW 320i
Inglorious Bastards - Ford Thunderbird, Mazda Miata, the other Mazda Miata

Stew! What is up my brother. We had one penalty saturday, matt spun all by himself, totally owned up to it, judge was very lenient, said just change drivers, then he turned around and I was completely ready to hop in. We had a ignition timing problem on saturday, no power down the strait, got it fixed for sunday and it was like driving a different car. Not going to New Orleans but we will deffinately be at eagles. You still got that garage out there? The Cooks car blew up  at the end of the day Saturday with Steve at the wheel.
I thought I heard a dirty rumor you were coming back to Dallas.
When you get in town come by the shop and say Hi. Good to hear from you

The wrench did not come off on the track but is sitting on the shoulder of I-45 outside Leona Texas.

You people scare me...

Justice...with a smile.

9 (edited by phil the wrench 2010-02-23 03:50 PM)

thats not my wrench

I am thinking all the DFW teams need to pull in together at the end of the next race. What's a good spot on the way from Nahlins or Eagles Canyon.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Phil:

Missed you at the shop yesterday when y'all were fixing the pulleys on my wife's white 5. Saw the car sitting right outside James' office. We'll have to visit sometime.  Cheers.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Come by any time Pat.

One penalty isn't bad, especially if you don't whine and get the full 30 minute adventure.

No power, or any poor running issue, makes for a long day, but when it's running right, all is good.

I still have the garage - because I still have too much stuff in the Dallas area - up there, you guys can hang with us for the weekend, if you'd like.

I'll be visiting probably every month, until I get rid of more stuff, sell the house, and fix the motorhome - then, who knows...  We're renting a house, so I'll be here for at least 10 more months, but the way my life bounces around, you never know...

See ya sooner or later.......

Dirty Some Beaches - Lemoncello Racing - Honda Wag-O-Van
Team Red Bear - BMW 320i
Inglorious Bastards - Ford Thunderbird, Mazda Miata, the other Mazda Miata