Topic: Tires for New Orleans

How hard is the NO course on tires?

Thanks,

250 GTO

2 (edited by doctawife 2010-02-25 10:25 AM)

Re: Tires for New Orleans

Our crapheap didn't run for all that long, but the word on the street was that No Problems Raceway chewed tires up and spat them out.

We're bringing a full set of spares... which requires buying two more wheels.  But we're doing it anyway, given how much the track eats tires.

Hope that helps.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

No Problem is a very rough surface.

We used a different set of tires each day to prolong tire life.  We should have just run one set and trashed them.  Instead we pretty much trashed 2 sets.

MRS is way easier on tires than No Problem.  After our last race at MSR, I'd say we could get a few more races out of the same tires.  Since we didn't kill off our last good set of Toyo T1Rs at MSR, I believe No Problem will lay them to rest.

If you have to buy tires for No Problem, I don't think you need to go down to a 200 tread wear.  I think you will get plenty of grip and prolonged life out of a 300-400 tread wear tires.

They are making changes at No Problem and this is all assuming they have not changed the track surface since our last race.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

You may actually grip in the rain at NO...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Riktor wrote:

You have to post in every thread?  With no experience?

NPR will destroy your tires.. we went almost completely through a brand new set of 615's there... whereas we can run 2 races at MSR-H with 1 set...

And FYI, douse yourself in mosquito spray... they're deadly out there...

LuckyTopher wrote:
Riktor wrote:

NPR will destroy your tires.. we went almost completely through a brand new set of 615's there... whereas we can run 2 races at MSR-H with 1 set...

You'll be at Eagle Canyon right? Care to put a wager on who does better with said "no experience"?

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

We ran Nitto Neogens and started with a fresh set. half the tread was gone when we got home, and we have run them twice in Houston since.  This was in the Miata, so a heavy car might not fare as well.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Riktor wrote:
LuckyTopher wrote:
Riktor wrote:

You'll be at Eagle Canyon right? Care to put a wager on who does better with said "no experience"?

Yep... bring that wager... and I'll bring you a box of kleenex and tampax

Riktor wrote:
LuckyTopher wrote:
Riktor wrote:

http://smiliesftw.com/x/big_rofl.gif

Serious Business Motorsports
'84 BMW 325e. 
Official...ish BP Raceteam of the North Dallas Hooptie.

Riktor,

I believe LuckyTopher and bimmerd00d are calling you out.

They've got less than 30 combined posts and they no you have run Zero races.

Sorry I missed you at MSR.  You should have come up and introduced yourself.

No Problem does like to eat tires.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

i have more posts under another name, but password reset didn't work...

we've run 3 races, and i know who riktor is in person... if his website is anything like teh team/car he has coming to teh race, it'll never happen...

why don't we have a callout/smacktalk section here? wink

E30's should all go up in flames...

Troy wrote:

Riktor,

not calling it out, just calling it like it is smile

Serious Business Motorsports
'84 BMW 325e. 
Official...ish BP Raceteam of the North Dallas Hooptie.

SRSBSNS wrote:

we've run 3 races, and i know who riktor is in person... if his website is anything like teh team/car he has coming to teh race, it'll never happen...

YAWN... bringing personal drama to a national forum. Very mature of you. Since you "know" me I am assuming you know I don't hold my tongue (of fingers for this matter) a majority of the time. But as far as Lemons is concerned. Keep the drama away. That can stay with RKC and DCRL...

Troy wrote:

Riktor,

Meh... No sweat off my back. At the track you were running around and I'm not one to be too intrusive. Especially when trying to keep a low profile.

Sons of STIG