Topic: Get Out Of Jail Free opportunity: We need drums!

We have a new penalty that requires a half-dozen or so drums. I might have a couple lined up, but we need more. Congas, bongos, djembes, rhythm sticks, maracas, tambourines- basically any hand-played rhythm instruments that won't result in tears when they get completely trashed by racers. Whatever wreckage of your instruments survive after the race will be returned to you. Probably. Those souvenir bongos you bought in Tijuana after drinking too much cheap tequila? Now's your chance to get rid of 'em!

So, we'll hand out GOOPBF cards to teams whose contributions to this great new penalty bring smiles to our normally-frowny faces. We might even take a bunch of 5-gallon buckets, if that's the best you can do. Ideally, one team will set us up with the whole percussion section.

Re: Get Out Of Jail Free opportunity: We need drums!

dammit and I bought the nephew a keyboard......when he really wanted drums

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

If I bring my seven piece drum set, can we park in the paddock overnight on Thursday?

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

trekkor wrote:

If I bring my seven piece drum set, can we park in the paddock overnight on Thursday?

No. We don't want a drum set, we want drums that hippies squatting in a squalid, scabies-ridden campsite might play while playing hackey-sack.

MurileeMartin wrote:
trekkor wrote:

No. We don't want a drum set, we want drums that hippies squatting in a squalid, scabies-ridden campsite might play while playing hackey-sack.

hate to throw this at ya, but hackey-sack wasn't around in the day of the hippies. that i remember.

then again, i don't remember very much from those days.........................................

forddragracer wrote:

hate to throw this at ya, but hackey-sack wasn't around in the day of the hippies. that i remember.

then again, i don't remember very much from those days.........................................

Hippies never disappeared. I'm talking about the current generation.
More important: Who's got drums for us?

7 (edited by Mulry 2010-03-02 09:20 PM)

Oh heavens. Drum Circle of Hell penalty. I think that Goerthe's editor cut that part.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I've got drums. cant wait to rip them out of my screaming childrens' hands.

see you friday

Will 55 gallon drums count?

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

GnomeFabTech wrote:

Will 55 gallon drums count?

Hippie Rasta Drum Circle of Hell. It only gets better. If I needed motivation to not get black flagged, this would be it.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I've got tambourines that have blinky lights in them!

Old plastic buckets count? There's a guy that hangs out around Union Square in SF that does a pretty convincing job of making them sound like real drums.

I have a stack of plastic buckets that would blow your mind!

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th

MurileeMartin wrote:

We have a new penalty that requires a half-dozen or so drums. I might have a couple lined up, but we need more. Congas, bongos, djembes, rhythm sticks, maracas, tambourines- basically any hand-played rhythm instruments that won't result in tears when they get completely trashed by racers. Whatever wreckage of your instruments survive after the race will be returned to you. Probably. Those souvenir bongos you bought in Tijuana after drinking too much cheap tequila? Now's your chance to get rid of 'em!

So, we'll hand out GOOPBF cards to teams whose contributions to this great new penalty bring smiles to our normally-frowny faces. We might even take a bunch of 5-gallon buckets, if that's the best you can do. Ideally, one team will set us up with the whole percussion section.

What you need is a drum kit like the the drummer from our namesake, The Bastardos De Sancho plays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwRt-fCaCyQ

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

I've got a real legit flute available if you want to add that to the mix...

Proudly pissing off Pick 'n Pull employees since 1991
Team The Homer

1981 Ford Fairmont Durango

Yes, plastic buckets count. If you bring us a good set of plastic buckets and we don't get any real drums, you get the GOOPBF card!

Drum set made!

KT