Topic: Sears Pointless Fun

Our team thought it would be fun to find a really crappy Ford Tempo, dig it out of a field, get it running and give it to Jay as a gag gift.  They could use it for the Highway 17 penalty, rev the motor until it blows up or use it to sharpen the blades on the demolition tractor. 

We painted it black and white but have run out of time/creative ideas on how to have more fun with this thing.  It took waaaay too long to get running.  I dropped it off at Sears Point today and were thinking of a decoration free-for-all on Friday.  What do you folks think?

-Derek

Re: Sears Pointless Fun

love it.
I'll bring my glue gun and all my sons fuse-bead peace symbols.
Hippie-anything will surely enrage the beast within.

carADD wrote:

Our team thought it would be fun to find a really crappy Ford Tempo, dig it out of a field, get it running and give it to Jay as a gag gift.  They could use it for the Highway 17 penalty, rev the motor until it blows up or use it to sharpen the blades on the demolition tractor. 

We painted it black and white but have run out of time/creative ideas on how to have more fun with this thing.  It took waaaay too long to get running.  I dropped it off at Sears Point today and were thinking of a decoration free-for-all on Friday.  What do you folks think?

-Derek

LOVE IT......every team should "decorate" it...kinda like signing a B-day card, but MUCH bigger!!!  (Note to self...sharpies and spraypaint)

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

If the old VW bus was any indication, don't expect Jay to tow it home.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

The car is meant to be destroyed.  Got it running to play before they kill it.  Creative ideas welcome.  Stuff like "quality is Job #1" plate frames, "I may be slow but I'm ahead of you" bumper stickers etc.....

Can I drive it on Thursday?

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

trekkor wrote:

Can I drive it on Thursday?

KT

Me 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

I think it should mimic the old Bus penalty...where you MUST follow it around the track for 30 minutes....regardless of smoke screen....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

I guarantee that Jay won't want to take it home, but we'll probably think of some uses for it in the Penalty Box.

I got a bench seat you could mount on roof for that whole Beverly hillbillies look

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

So Ryan will have something to smash he will be happy !!!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

No complaining by Ryan this time around....  I remember how disappointed he was at T-hill.

Have MIG. what should we tack on there? oh, hey, is there power at the track? 110 or 220?

We didn't see it at the track today, maybe somebody already found a use for it.:D

Team photographer and "sure I'll drive" hanger-on: more races than I ever imagined... MRolla/FX32/Mormon Meteor IV
http://www.facebook.com/StickFigureRacing
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jkiel/coll … 604631509/
http://www.jkiel.com/

Oh yeah, Ryan is getting really antsy with no cars to crush. He'll be your friend for life if you give him that Tempo for his Orgy-O-Destruction™.

jkfoto wrote:

We didn't see it at the track today, maybe somebody already found a use for it.:D

It is parked in the storage area hidden from sight.  We'll have it out on Friday.

16 (edited by carADD 2010-03-03 09:31 PM)

djsupersoul wrote:

Have MIG. what should we tack on there? oh, hey, is there power at the track? 110 or 220?

Something creative would be great.  I wanted to bolt a huge wing on the back and a hood scoop but ran out of time.

Ok.  I'll be at the track first thing tomorrow.  Look for a black and white 1989 Ford Tempo 4dr and come by and pay your respects. 

-Derek