Topic: BS Inspection over, tomorrow we race

I'll get some Jalopnik posts live for tomorrow morning, but here's a quick roundup:

• First-ever Lemons Citroën, and it looks like it will be ready in time- almost there now! When I left the track an hour ago, all that remained on the Spank to-do list was some kill switch wiring and the car numbers. It drove a single lap around the paddock... which was the first time the car had moved more than a few feet in the last 20 years, and the only "practice" prior to the car hitting the race track tomorrow morning.

• Crazy quantities of new-to-us Stupid V8 Swaps. The "Chevolvo" run by The Flakes now has a small-block Chevy. There's a Toyota pickup with a set-back small-block Chevy (and a dead-stock, very loose suspension). There's an RX-7 with a small-block Ford- yeah, it weighs hundreds of pounds more than a rotary, so it's going to handle like a Zamboni, but who cares? We love Stupid V8 Swaps! Meanwhile, the V8olvo and V8E30 have returned, though the V8olvo spent most of the day in non-running condition due to fuel pump and/or ignition woes.

• For the most part, the whining and anger levels were quite low. A couple of teams that built super hot rods from "stuff just lying around the shop" and didn't provide documentation got slapped with pretty steep BS penalties, but nobody got more than 300 laps and most teams got zero.

• The theme ante has been upped with a Corolla FX16 converted to a fairly credible Oscar Mayer Wienermobile. Sure, it looks like a Wienermobile built by drunks in a junkyard, working with only a confused verbal description of the original Wienermobile, but we love it anyway.

• Only a couple of cars blew up during practice, which is way better than the massive mechanical carnage we usually get on Friday.

Re: BS Inspection over, tomorrow we race

"and most teams got zero". Dang, even with a bribe we weren't one of those, aw well as long as we drive clean (ie no black flags) our BS laps are not so insurmountable that we still can't have a decent finish.  Now with a test day under our belts I was shocked at how much fuel and tires Infineon takes. We had one of our practice tires delaminate!! as for fuel OMG the car drank it down faster than a beer bong at a frat party.

ifb_mole wrote:

"and most teams got zero". Dang, even with a bribe we weren't one of those, aw well as long as we drive clean (ie no black flags) our BS laps are not so insurmountable that we still can't have a decent finish.  Now with a test day under our belts I was shocked at how much fuel and tires Infineon takes. We had one of our practice tires delaminate!! as for fuel OMG the car drank it down faster than a beer bong at a frat party.

BS laps AGAIN?? SAY IT AINT SO!  Same car?  Ya'll are some cheat'n fucks, ain't ya? LOL!

Hahahaha here we go again!  T-minus two days to another ifb_mole whiner post!

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

I thought he (ifb_mole) new everything about infinion and how to drive the perfect lap there so much so that he can critique drivers who hold records at that track and just NOW he figures out the track is hard on tires. we figured that one out in 1985.

I was bummed to hear the 928 got 30 penalty laps! The Dick drivers must have put some cheatum under the hood..... smile

The mighty Pendejo who is PISSED he did not get to go!!!!!

holy cow that ranchero is sweet!  those guys are models of what to do.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/uploads/post-1413-1267934370_thumb.jpg

Behold!

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

Pendejo wrote:

I thought he (ifb_mole) new everything about infinion and how to drive the perfect lap there so much so that he can critique drivers who hold records at that track and just NOW he figures out the track is hard on tires!!!!

I know everything about Infineon? I critique lap record holders? WTF? I simply let people know what I know about the track, trying the help where I can. Also I have never driven a 3,000 lb FWD car at Infineon until the test day, so I didn't know that infineon would chew up tires the way it did in the test session. Learn something new all the time.