Topic: What is a cheaper alternative to a kirkey intermediate road race?

I sat in a 17" intermediate road race seat today and it was great.  Only problem is the 439 price with the cover.  Is there a cheaper manufacturer that makes a similar product?  If I wanted a cheaper Kirkey, which one is most similar (degree and such)?

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

Re: What is a cheaper alternative to a kirkey intermediate road race?

jegs sells them for less, but I got one in great shape for 40

I put some feelers out on different websites for different stuff.  I'm looking for a good deal on a trailer, and a few guys have responded favorably.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

we used the Kirkey econo drag seat and cover from Jegs    with a little trimming on the right side for clearance so you can actually shift gears repeatedly it works really well and we have less than $200 in it           we mounted it on the stock seat sliders to accomadate our different size drivers and used a scissor jack for the adjustable seat back brace .  We added a  piece of box channel as a spacer under the front between the seat and stock sliders going across to get  the layback we wanted

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

What degree seat?  10 or 20?  The caddy-lac is an automotive beaute so we don't have to worry about shifting

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

bigds01 wrote:

What degree seat?  10 or 20?  The caddy-lac is an automotive beaute so we don't have to worry about shifting

I think the drag seat only comes in 10  degrees     thats why we had to jack up the front  keep in mind we havent raced with it yet    our first race will be Detroit so comfort wise its still an unknown but it feels good sitting in it

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

6 (edited by OlCreFoo 2010-03-09 07:39 AM)

We picked up a new seat here for a good price.  The Ronco is listed as 4 point, but it did have the anti-sub slot.  $200 is hard to beat for an FIA certified seat for Lemons.  There's also a Lemons targeted fire suit set in the outlet

Plain Jane '86 BMW 535i - Current
RIP People's Elbowed Protege - 2010

OlCreFoo wrote:

We picked up a new seat here for a good price.  The Ronco is listed as 4 point, but it did have the anti-sub slot.  $200 is hard to beat for an FIA certified seat for Lemons.  There's also a Lemons targeted fire suit set in the outlet

Awesome link. Thanks.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"