Topic: Drivers Racing class at Sears Pointless

Latest Info:
Ten days (more or less) to go.  Now that your cars are all set to go - just like ours, it's time to start to worry about the drivers.  All agree that Sears is a very challenging track with little room for error.  The driver can cost a team may more laps than most mechanical mods. 

The OLD Fast Auto Race Team & Sons are planning two race classes at Sears Pointless.  These will be held on Friday evening at the track.

Racing 101 will include basic instruction, flag definition, passing, being passed, basic car control, track etiquette, and then turn by turn track description plus passing zones.  How to reduce or eliminate black flags will also be discussed.  This class is geared toward new or novice drivers.  This class will include a track map.  Length 1.5 hours and cost $20.00.
THIS WILL BE HELD AT THE DRIVERS LOUNGE AT 5:30pm, FRIDAY NIGHT

Racing 201 will provide more advanced turn by turn track description, passing zones and techniques but without flags definition, basic car control, etc.  This class is geared toward experienced drivers that have little or no time at Sears. This class will include a track map.  Length 1 hour and cost $20.00.
THIS WILL BE HELD AT THE DRIVERS LOUNGE AT 7:30pm, FRIDAY NIGHT

The instructors are certified and have many track days at Infineon.  In addition to instructing for numerous Open Track clubs, we have completed four Lemons events, finishing 8th at Thunderhill 09.  Our team has received only one driving black flag in the last two events combined.
See you at the track,
Jim Nix

Re: Drivers Racing class at Sears Pointless

This class is mandatory for my 2 noob's, thanks Jim

Will talk to my teamates and get head count .

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Final call
Classes at 5:30 and 7:30.  No sign up required, $20 at the door.  Track map handouts will be avalible from the class.  I am reviewing the wet weather info just in case.  We are also driving the track on Thursday, so we'll have the latest info.

Jim
We will be there on Thursday too...but which car is still up in the air....the plan is to test the other 928, the real racer with 500+HP....  But if its not ready in time then it will be the Estate and its brute 195whp!! 

I'll look for ya on Thursday!! 

I do think this is a VERY good idea for all drivers.....  I have only driven Infineon 1 time, in the rain no less, and it is considerably harder to drive than Thunderhill....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

We'll probably have 2-4 people interested in the racing 101 class.

#117 - The Fat And The Furious Big Boy Miata & Big Boy Metro-Gnome

calpolo17, welcome aboard.  Your drivers should be able to draw an outline of the track BEFORE the class.  This is a great track.  I'm sure that this event will be long remembered.
See you Friday

These classes sound like an excellent idea !!

Any chance something similar could be done at the other tracks ?

We do them for the West coast events, if we are accepted in the race and if it is OK with Jay.

10 (edited by OldFart 2010-03-08 12:10 PM)

Thank's to all the students of the 101/201 classes.  Some of you did remember the the most important recommendations.  Great time and see you at Thunderhill.
Jim

Hey Jim, just wanted to say thanks for putting on the 201 class. We were still mighty slow out there, but at least I knew that I need not brake going through 1, and the talk about the line for momentum cars really helped me out. I was still slow, but at least I felt kinda fast at least in those few, brief moments when my car was alone in the esses. Cheers.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.