Topic: Well that's a shocker...

I pulled our next Lemons car, a 93 probe, out of hibernation, put a $10 pick-n-pull fuel pump in it and it seems to run pretty well.

There is a bit of a long story with this car, but the bottom line is the kid that I bought it from financed it from a buddy, never finished paying for it before said buddy passed away, and never got the title. Meanwhile the clutch went, and he parked it next to his dad's house for 4 years. Without ability to get it registered without jumping through a bunch of legal hoops, and after sitting for years wouldnt starts, I talked him out of it for $300.

I put a fuel filter on it and some fresh gas, and was running it in the driveway to see if it will stay cool and stay runnnig with some bad gas that was in it, and started messing with shit.

Sunroof -- got stuck about 1" from the front. Great. I managed to "help" it close.
Windows-- kinda half work. Go down but not up. I need to quit messing with glass...
Wipers-- Like a Boss
Lights -- slow, but work well.
E-brake-- kinda halfway holds. better adjust that up a bit.
vent fan-- seems to blow pretty well.
heater -- this is Texas, who checks that?
A.c-- blows cold

Wait, what? You have to be kidding, the damn compressor is cycling and the air out the vents is freezing cold. SCORE, June in texas is HOT, now we can try to keep our drivers from flooding their hotsuits with sweat, at least during some yellow laps. I am still amazed.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r119/Baron733/probe.jpg

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Re: Well that's a shocker...

Probe V6s sound really cool with little in the way of muffling...

Good find.

Looks darn near like the '95 Probe GT I owned. Parts can be very expensive on them, had to pay over $400 for a used AC compressor several years ago, so you may be in great shape for staying under your budget should you be willing to get a bit overheated!

Fartini wrote:

Looks darn near like the '95 Probe GT I owned. Parts can be very expensive on them, had to pay over $400 for a used AC compressor several years ago, so you may be in great shape for staying under your budget should you be willing to get a bit overheated!

That is good to know.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

My company sells new OEM compressors for that car for $395, heh.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.