Re: Why am i just now hearing about this?????

Do you need a minimum of 4 drivers to participate in the penalties?

#117 - The Fat And The Furious Big Boy Miata & Big Boy Metro-Gnome

Probably. Don't get any penatlies..........

calpolo17 wrote:

Do you need a minimum of 4 drivers to participate in the penalties?

Just have a random pit person [fingerquote] team member [/endfingerquote] around for penalty purposes.  That seems to work nicely for many folks.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

PainterJohn wrote:

Holy crap! Where has this series been all my life??? Just 2 days ago i heard about this!!! 3 days ago i bought a piece of shit MX6 for a hundred bucks, i just wanted the seats for an airplane im building for a customer... Now it WILL be a Lemons car! I have already lined up 2 other drivers, thankfully one is a welder/fabricator, one is a good mechanic and excellent scrounger, and myself all of the above and a painter.. And a fourth will be added probably tomorrow!!
This is so freaking cool!
If youll have us, we'd love to bash fenders with yall!!
I have a title for this MX6, but does that matter? i have access to some other cream puffs with no titles, just bills of sale, is that ok?
John
Austin Texas

Car seats in an airplane? Ouch.. massive weight gain ain't it? What plane?

PS. No fender bashing allowed... this ain't crash em up derby (anymore)

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

30 (edited by sbradyny 2010-03-20 01:27 PM)

I just read about your race in Mustang Monthly. Wow! it looks like a lot of fun!!!
I'll be looking forward to the race near Miami December 31st! I've been telling my friends to check out the web-site. I'm just amazed that this wasn't started any earlier.

sbradyny wrote:

I just read about your race in Mustang Monthly. Wow! it looks like a lot of fun!!!
I'll be looking forward to the race near Miami December 31st! I've been telling my friends to check out the web-site. I'm just amazed that this wasn't started any earlier.

Why wait til Miami? Go to South Carolina in May. Some of my friends came to watch our first race, by the end they were saying we need to do this. 4 months later they raced at the next Houston race. Lemons racing is like affordable crack........

sergio wrote:

Lemons racing is like affordable crack........

Edit: Lemons racing is like crack........

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Troy wrote:
sergio wrote:

Lemons racing is like affordable crack........

Edit: Lemons racing is like crack........

Edit Edit:  Lemons racing is more addictive than crack....

#508 Team SOB
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Lemons racing lasts longer than crack though crack may be more socially acceptable.

Remember, it's never too early to start embellishing the past.

"so there I was, 90mph, sideways on the brink of death ..."

thank you guys for the warm welcome! I have been kinda busy lately with airplanes to unfuck.. but i have some new on our car.. the motor is trash.. found one at a local junk yard for 75 bucks.. DELIVERED!! actually i have to paint a helmet for the guy in trade.. cost of materials is about 75..
I have been thinking about this damn thing nonstop the last couple weeks and have made a crude concept drawing of the car/airplane shit laying around.. and the liner from a water heater.. i hope it will be acceptable..

http://www.airbornekustomz.com/images/Lemons/MX6.jpg
http://www.airbornekustomz.com/images/Lemons/MX6front.jpg

36 (edited by PainterJohn 2010-03-23 08:16 PM)

Car seats in an airplane? Ouch.. massive weight gain ain't it? What plane?

PS. No fender bashing allowed... this ain't crash em up derby (anymore)

Actually im making a fiberglass mold of the shape of the seats for a Ravin 500. Its a composite kit plane that looks like a Piper Cherokee 260C with all the Lopresti Mods.. but this one is powered with a Chevrolet LS1 V8 rather than the Lycoming IO-540.
check out www.airbornekustomz.com/N913RA.html or www.airbornekustomz.com/Ravin2.html these are 2 of the 3 Ravins in the US currently.

The seats in the kit are cool, but my customer wants some that are more ergonomicly correct..
really the only thing ill use from the mazda seats will be the shape, and the hinges. im hollowing out the back of the seat structure to provide more leg room in the plane..

Now that i think about it.. since the seats i have built in the past have a G-Load rating from the FAA of 10 positive and negative Gs.. can i build a composite seat for my Lemons car?

Structurally they are stronger than the aluminum drag racing style seats.. and the FAA considers them safe in aircraft that do over 300 mph, with a g-load that is higher than the human body can survive... i

I imagine that you can make your own:

3.2: Driver's Seat: Driver's seatback must reach above middle of helmet or higher. One-piece SFI- or FIA-rated competition seats very strongly encouraged. All seats must be very securely mounted to the floor or cage to avoid separation during a crash. All seatbacks must be securely attached to the seat base and braced or otherwise restrained against rearward failure.

But be prepared to brace it to the cage since it is not FIA approved.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

hmmm im gonna tinker with the seat idea.. but i think the first car will just have a ready made seat.. just to make the build go faster