Topic: Faustest Team Sears Pointless highlight vid

There are a few clips from THill2009 in here, but some fun on track action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCgt--vshTk

Gembesties Racing
FB.me/gembesties
Denver/Sacremento

Re: Faustest Team Sears Pointless highlight vid

Very nice. Great video.

you guys were bumping and grinding!

WOW...rubbing is RACING....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

How many black flags did you guys get?  That was a LOT of contact.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Yeah, it was like bumper cars out there!

That video was a nice example of what NOT to do.

I'm sorry, but the driving was awful.

The editing and video quality was good, I give you that.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

Wow... a real smash up derby with that last car!

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

You should be BFL!

Cyclops-FIREKATz
FIREKATz
Junkyard KATz

There were some pretty dangerous driving choices being made in that video.  Especially the sequence starting at 3:20.  That's pretty scary squeezing at one of the fastest places on the track.

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

You dive bombed our car multiple times. You will be crushed.

The best offense is a good defense. They took a lot of hits for out braking which I am all too familiar with as well. It sucks but being that it is Lemons, it is best to assume the other guy will likely get it wrong. The last spin is pretty scary and despite getting pinched by the other car, it would have been a lot safer to back off and pass at a later point. I would guess that Faustest is putting up this video with a bit of humility so maybe cut them some slack.

The Sharks
Home of the E28 Turbo Tuner Fish and the Hammered Head 944 Turbo

SharkBait wrote:

The best offense is a good defense. They took a lot of hits for out braking which I am all too familiar with as well. It sucks but being that it is Lemons, it is best to assume the other guy will likely get it wrong. The last spin is pretty scary and despite getting pinched by the other car, it would have been a lot safer to back off and pass at a later point. I would guess that Faustest is putting up this video with a bit of humility so maybe cut them some slack.

Good point

One thing I "consider" when I am lining up a "pass"....is the DENTS on the car in front of me.......Faustest has LOTS of dents.....thats a HINT......  and I choose my passes accordingly..... 

With that said I did drive with them for a bit on Sunday......& they didn't do anything particularly bad that I observed....  Some teams were driving VERY aggressive....but they also were quite high in the standings....

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

I am the culprit in the last incident..and I HIGHLY AGREE that after the first hit I should have known better and backed off completely. ...yes the video was posted as a kind of humility as well as the fact it is our most exciting clip to date (hopefully ever). 

There are a few more that I will be cutting up thanks to some new video editing software so "stay tuned" for more faust excitement. We have some more good action footage we haven't used yet.

Gembesties Racing
FB.me/gembesties
Denver/Sacremento

2WheelsOff wrote:

I am the culprit in the last incident..and I HIGHLY AGREE that after the first hit I should have known better and backed off completely. ...yes the video was posted as a kind of humility as well as the fact it is our most exciting clip to date (hopefully ever). 

There are a few more that I will be cutting up thanks to some new video editing software so "stay tuned" for more faust excitement. We have some more good action footage we haven't used yet.

Red Mist gets the best of everyone from time to time....at least you "manned up" and take responsibity for your actions......well done!!

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Ugh, sorry about our car smacking you guys hard at 1:45 in the video!  Our driver hoped that the yellow flag had "just come out" and the brake lights had "just come on", but our own in-car footage revealed it was a standing yellow and a couple of seconds of visible brake lights before he reacted...

Cool vid!

OverStimulated wrote:

Ugh, sorry about our car smacking you guys hard at 1:45 in the video!  Our driver hoped that the yellow flag had "just come out" and the brake lights had "just come on", but our own in-car footage revealed it was a standing yellow and a couple of seconds of visible brake lights before he reacted...

Cool vid!

Thanks, I'll pass it on the the driver. In racing Sh$t happens! It was unfortunate and the MR2 braked extremely heavily for the yellow....not sure why some people do that as it can cause more problems.

We just straightened out the bumper and the exhaust from the hit....a BFH and some sweat took care of the damage. Hope your Lemons was fixable from the hit.

Gembesties Racing
FB.me/gembesties
Denver/Sacremento

2WheelsOff wrote:

We just straightened out the bumper and the exhaust from the hit....a BFH and some sweat took care of the damage. Hope your Lemons was fixable from the hit.

We only had to replace a couple of zip ties that hold our bumper cover on over our "bumper".

Zip ties and duct tape is all you really need for most body repairs.

I just watched the mythbusters duct tape episode...amazing what you can accomplish with enough sticky tape.

Gembesties Racing
FB.me/gembesties
Denver/Sacremento