Topic: Testing for American Irony

For anyone getting ready for the American Irony event at Gingerman, 3 Balls Racing is hosting an open track day on Saturday, April 10.  We will be there with our Dead Rocket Racing #35 Neon making sure it tracks straight after the repairs required from our get together with a rather large BMW at NL.

Anyway, Lemons car are welcome at this event.  It is basically an open track day, with 4 run groups scheduled.  Depending on the numbers, we may lower that to 3 groups.  Run sessions are 20 minutes long, and we simply cycle through the run groups all day.  The track goes hot at 9 and closes at 5.  We take a one hour lunch break and lunch is provided.  You will get at least 4-5 sessions and more if we drop down to 3 groups.

Cost for the day is $160.  If we have to reschedule because of snow and you can't, or don't want, to attend the new date, you will receive a full refund.  Otherwise, we run rain or shine.

For all the details, and to sign up, please go to 3ballsracing.com.

Thanks
Ken

Re: Testing for American Irony

Even though we will not be ready for American Irony, maybe we can get our crapcan out early and have it ready enough for the track day. 

Thanks for letting us know.  I'll talk to the team and see what we can do.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

BB69 wrote:

For anyone getting ready for the American Irony event at Gingerman, 3 Balls Racing is hosting an open track day on Saturday, April 10.  We will be there with our Dead Rocket Racing #35 Neon making sure it tracks straight after the repairs required from our get together with a rather large BMW at NL.

Anyway, Lemons car are welcome at this event.  It is basically an open track day, with 4 run groups scheduled.  Depending on the numbers, we may lower that to 3 groups.  Run sessions are 20 minutes long, and we simply cycle through the run groups all day.  The track goes hot at 9 and closes at 5.  We take a one hour lunch break and lunch is provided.  You will get at least 4-5 sessions and more if we drop down to 3 groups.

Cost for the day is $160.  If we have to reschedule because of snow and you can't, or don't want, to attend the new date, you will receive a full refund.  Otherwise, we run rain or shine.

For all the details, and to sign up, please go to 3ballsracing.com.

Thanks
Ken

Ken     whats the $160 cover ?  the car and any number of drivers or is that $160 per driver ?

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

prime suspect wrote:

Ken     whats the $160 cover ?  the car and any number of drivers or is that $160 per driver ?

Was this ever answered?  I would GUESS that it's $160 per car, but ???  We are planning on signing up for the open track day.  I wish we were racing American Irony, but schedules and a lack of money are not allowing a race that early in the season.  We will be there to watch and enjoy the race.

'74 260Z

The $160 covers a spot in a run group.  You can have multiple drivers, but we will put you in a group based on the least experienced driver. 

Let me know if that doesn't answer your question.

Thanks
Ken

Thanks Ken.  I guess we'll get stuck in the novice group since we will be bringing a new driver who has never even had a helmet on his head.  Myself and the other teammate who will be there have tons of track time.

'74 260Z

7 (edited by sac02 2010-03-19 06:41 AM)

So would you not allow the same car to go on track in two run groups, with two different drivers (of appropriate skill level for each group), for the extra $160?  In my brain that's essentially two cars, two different entries.  We also have a mix of experienced and noob drivers.

sac02 wrote:

So would you not allow the same car to go on track in two run groups, with two different drivers (of appropriate skill level for each group), for the extra $160?  In my brain that's essentially two cars, two different entries.  We also have a mix of experienced and noob drivers.

That would be perfectly fine.  With the current numbers, it looks like we will have 3 groups, so you could buy 3 spots.  However, there are normally a bunch of people watching the weather.  If the weather looks good the week leading up to the event, I expect a large number of people to sign up at the last minute.  If this happens, we would go to our normal 4 groups.

Thanks
Ken

Hey Ken, I registered us for the April 10th track day.  After paying, I downloaded the tech sheet and noticed the line about "no broken windshields".  Our 35 year old Datsun windshield has several cracks, but it passes Lemons tech.  Are we going to have a problem in 3ballsracing tech?  If so, I need to spend a bunch of money and order a new seal ASAP.  I have a spare windshield, but it isn't as clear overall as the one we have in the car and there is no way to salvage the old, hard gasket.

'74 260Z

Jeff,
Your best bet is to give me a call so we don't have to go back and forth via the forum.

Ken

248-622-6939