1 (edited by Hank@evilgeniusracing 2010-03-26 10:28 PM)

Topic: Evil Genius Racing dyno day and get together

Pre-Goin for Broken party and dyno day at Evil Genius Racing in West Sacramento.  Saturday May 1st.   

Dyno your car for $40

Hang out with the other losers who make up the NorCal Lemons scene.

Plenty of room for trailers, cars, massive tow-rigs and even non-racers and hangers-on.

Come watch your competitors blow their crapboxes up on the chassis dyno, breathe hydrocarbon-laden air, bench race, see the cars that you'll be racing against, intimidate other teams, trashtalk, wager on the height a connecting rod can reach when set free from the restricting confines of  an engine block.     

OK, so here's what we've come up with so far, but I'm sure things will change. 

First, we will start with the dyno rather early  about 9:00am, so we can get enough cars done, but people can show up at any time.  I imagine the party will start hopping around noon.   

Dyno Info-
   Your car will be strapped down and three power pulls will be made, you will have a minute or two between pulls to adjust/tweek on your crapbox. You will get a graph of your hp and torque. Each car on the dyno will cost $40. We will start a list for the dyno, and if you miss your spot, you will be dropped to the end of the list.  In general, we can run 3-4 cars an hour.  If you want wide band AFR it costs $20 more and the plot will be laid onto the hp/tq graph.    If you need even more accurate AFR measurement it costs $25 for us to weld a O2 bung into your exhaust near the engine.   So, if you're the first  on the list, your car has to be on the ground and ready to go at 9:00 am.. if you're number 10, well you should be ready at 11:00 and will probably be on the dyno around 11:30 or 12:00, you get the idea... We will keep the dyno going until all the cars are done, and yes, we've gone 'til 3:00am in the past.  All dyno payments have to be cash and will be paid to the dyno technician when your car goes onto the dyno.   If your car catches on fire on the dyno, you will have to pay for the extinguisher recharge and the PTSD treatments for the technician.    Lemons cars have preference on the dyno, but, we'll run anything you bring as time allows.  Our dyno is a Mustang HD-250 eddy current, dual- roller type (for all you tech-freaks, so you can spend endless hours online comparing the pros and cons of various brands of dynos) 

To get on the list- email Hank@evilgeniusracing.com..     As time allows I will post a schedule and let you know where you are on the list.

Bring chairs, we've only got a few, if you want to sit down, bring a sitting-device.

This is a rain or shine event, and while we have a lot of interior space, if its raining, or for that matter, hot and sunny, bring one of your racing shade canopies- we’ve only got a couple.

This will be at our new shop which you all should come and check out.  It is much bigger and nicer.  I have just started planing this and have yet to get many others to commit.  I plan on making this everything the last one was and more so spread the word. 

If you want to bring used cars/parts/equipment to sell or trade, no problem… Let me know if you are, if enough people are playing ‘lets make a deal’ we’ll set up an area for it.   

Don't be an ass in West Sacramento.  I have to notify the West Sac police when we do this and while they are very accommodating, They will issue speeding and reckless driving tickets, so take it easy.  They will be watching! No crapcans on the street!  Also, I don't want them pissed at me, so keep it under control, please!!!

We have a huge parking lot, plenty of room to unload trailers.

Location is:           

Evil Genius Racing
       2214 Rice Ave
       West Sacramento, CA. 95691

Questions:  call,  message, or email Hank (508)325-3388

Re: Evil Genius Racing dyno day and get together

I think you mean Pre - GOING FOR BROKEN party

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

magnusracing wrote:

I think you mean Pre - GOING FOR BROKEN party

Beat me do it.....dammit...my adversary got me AGAIN.....its okay since I will win a TOASTER

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

There! So there....

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

yup, got it, thank you guys.  pre - GOING FOR BROKEN

So i talked to cage master clint today and he will be there to aid in any last minute details you guys might have such as putting in a diagonal bar, other cage work, mounting tires, or anything along those lines.

icemang17 wrote:

Beat me do it.....dammit...my adversary got me AGAIN.....its okay since I will win a TOASTER

Oh no... we have some clever British modifications in the works that will allow us to snatch YOUR toaster from your bratwurst greased fingers.

magnusracing wrote:
icemang17 wrote:

Oh no... we have some clever British modifications in the works that will allow us to snatch YOUR toaster from your bratwurst greased fingers.

My wanker friend.....clearly you have had too many "fish & chips" at the local pub....(must have been with Pendejo)

Since our theme has changed yet again, from this point forward you can refer to the "estate" as KRANKENWAGEN and all of the previous "Members Only" have recently graduated medical school and are now to be called Dr Richard xxxx to every one else!!! 

Not to worry....we have some "plans" in the works as well......we will have a nicely engraved toaster after "Going for Broken"

It would be cool if you could fly up just for the day-weekend to attend the party!!  I can pick you up from the airport!!

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

icemang17 wrote:

Since our theme has changed yet again, from this point forward you can refer to the "estate" as KRANKENWAGEN and all of the previous "Members Only" have recently graduated medical school and are now to be called Dr Richard xxxx to every one else!!!

[thread hijack]Oh, interns on the track!  Sleepless, angry, poor and motorized? 
What could possibly go wrong?  Thank goodness it's not the old era of 130+ hour weeks.  Then not only would y'all have to dodge the real cars, but also imaginary nurses, pagers and GOMERS in your head.  Would your car also go to ground?

[/thread hijack]

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Yeah, i agree.  You should come up for the party.

10 (edited by Pendejo 2010-03-28 08:40 AM)

(My wanker friend.....clearly you have had too many "fish & chips" at the local pub....(must have been with Pendejo) ) quote

Whaa,, hunnh,,, i am supposed to be working on the jag? Oh Damn!  I have been busy on the new track legal pit bike. But you can see the Jag in the back ground with the new paint and gear. It is almost ready  smile

http://i40.tinypic.com/oi7psn.jpg
Pen

Hmmm... I would like to come up. I'll see if I can work it into the schedule...

magnusracing wrote:

Hmmm... I would like to come up. I'll see if I can work it into the schedule...

Let me know if you can make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Pendejo, are you going to bring the bad ass track legal pit bike up for the dyno day?  is it a street legal bike too?

As of today it is registered as a cali legal moped so it is legal. For some reason a few tracks down here are now requiring that a pit bike be ether street registered or green sticker-ed. If the dyno day was a few days before the event i would make it but it is a pain for me to go back and forth between San Diego and your area twice in a few weeks.

Pendejo

I would do that but i believe that if i did it wednesday or thursday before the race most people would have to work.  I might try to do that next time though.  What do you guys think who would come to one on the thursday before the race?

Hank@evilgeniusracing wrote:

I would do that but i believe that if i did it wednesday or thursday before the race most people would have to work.  I might try to do that next time though.  What do you guys think who would come to one on the thursday before the race?

I would...but I have Thursdays off too (which explains why I typically hang around the shop annoying Hank :>)

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Thursday would be no problem.. It would be cool to hang out and talk shop..

Pendejo maximo

I'll be there if I get car done.

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Yes, if you ever do something on the Thursday before a Thunderhill or Infineon Lemons race Pendejo and I would certainly come by as you'd be on our way.

fabtoys wrote:

I'll be there if I get car done.

Are you not racing it at thunder hill?

magnusracing wrote:

Yes, if you ever do something on the Thursday before a Thunderhill or Infineon Lemons race Pendejo and I would certainly come by as you'd be on our way.

Well then i weill do that next time, so that the people further away don't feel so left out.

Lemon Demo CRX will be there but building replacement for my car that got smashed

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

fabtoys wrote:

Lemon Demo CRX will be there but building replacement for my car that got smashed

Sounds good.  Now we just need to get some more of these high class racers to commit.

Oky guys don't forget you all have this marked on your calanders right?  Everyone got their cars dyno ready and race ready?

I'll be there in something... Not sure what yet. The last time I made any promises all hell broke loose.

You'd figure with all these vehicles I'd occasionally have more than 1 running at a time...

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.