Topic: Brand new track in SoCal! Chuckwalla Valley Raceway

CVR is going to have their very first event this weekend for sportbikes, and the first car event is next weekend:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367770

CVR is a 2.68 mile, 17 turn course. Its at the SE corner of Joshua Tree, about an hour east of Palm Springs.

Looks like a pretty sweet layout and the complete lack of neighbors should make it PRIME for a true 24 hour, round the clock Lemons event! Come on Lemons HQ, I know you can make this happen!

http://evilengineering.com/graphics/CVRtrackMap_lg.jpg

Lap video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUB05F7-17o&fmt=22

more videos:
http://www.chuckwallavalleyraceway.com/ … Itemid=193

track website:
http://www.chuckwallavalleyraceway.com/

Just another crappy BMW and moto-powered MR2: http://www.facebook.com/BlackIronRacing
Gnome money, Gnome problems. (RIP) http://www.facebook.com/MetroGnomeRacing

Re: Brand new track in SoCal! Chuckwalla Valley Raceway

Sounds like a good place for an August race.

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

"Free cool suits with every entry!"

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

We will be there for the first car event to lay down some fresh rubber and do some tire testing.  I am looking foreword to run the track and see how the high speed banked turns are. Report to Lemons teams will follow.

Pendejo

That looks like a nice track.  I guess it could take the place of Reno since that one is very likely tits up permanently. 

Not too far from the Gnome cave...

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

Looks like a nice facility once its done......kinda out in the middle of nowhere...but you could say that about Thunderhill too

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Closest hotel is 57 miles away...

Finally a track in So Cal! Lets do this!!!

priapism wrote:

Uh dude, if you need a hotel during a 24 hour race, you're doing it wrong.

Just another crappy BMW and moto-powered MR2: http://www.facebook.com/BlackIronRacing
Gnome money, Gnome problems. (RIP) http://www.facebook.com/MetroGnomeRacing

We slept on a pile of cardboard in our trailer at the last event!

Infinity Q45 #47 @ Gator-a-Rama 09 & #147 @ Nelson Ledges 09
Datsun 510 #102 @ High Plains Raceway 10 & #102 @ Mid-America Motorplex 10
Datsun 280Z #55 @ Autobahn 10

Apparently, being able to build a track != being able to heel-toe downshift... big_smile

Glad to see this actually got built.

gielamonster wrote:
priapism wrote:

Uh dude, if you need a hotel during a 24 hour race, you're doing it wrong.

If you're going 4 days without sleep, you're doing it wrong wink

Middle of nowhere= slightly inconvenient.

A new racetrack built anywhere in the USA= super-kool!

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

FJ40Jim wrote:

Middle of nowhere= slightly inconvenient.

A new racetrack built anywhere in the USA= super-kool!

Self defense mechanism here in Commiefornia.  See, if you put your track anywhere near the population centers, people will build houses around your track then complain about the noise (that racetrack I moved next to involves noisey things?  No way!).  Eventually rising property costs, imminent domain, and increased regulations combined with constant litigation costs (see Porsche GT wreck, etc) will force you to sell to the strip mall developer.

Case in point: Riverside Raceway.

15 (edited by m610 2010-04-01 12:18 PM)

^ And Laguna Seca is always having trouble with people who built homes around it.

But, the Commifornia label doesn't seem to fit here since it's the business folks and their customers who do the building, complaining, etc.

Edit - It's not on Google Maps yet.
Link: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou … h&z=17

m610 wrote:

^ And Laguna Seca is always having trouble with people who built homes around it.

But, the Commifornia label doesn't seem to fit here since it's the business folks and their customers who do the building, complaining, etc.

Sure it does.  Only Commifornia would allow such complaints, etc, in court, let alone pass the ordinances.

Most other places, they'd ask "didn't you see the track's proximity reported before close of escrow?" and tell you to leave.  This situation is similar to breaking into a house and falling on a knife.  If you didn't move in next to a racetrack, it wouldn't be noisey and likely explains your property's lower cost.

Good Point.  Unfortunately, California law doesn't allow you to heap your pollution on your neighbor, even if its just noise pollution.

#9  Group of Fools

Don't worry... soon operating gasoline powered vehicles will be illegal in California anyway... on track or off

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

I am waiting for Lemons Pharump at the Spring Mountain Raceway. Yes it is in the middle of nowhere BUT it has Racing,Gambling,Booze and Hookers everything a rough and dirty LeMon racer wants.. And they are getting ready to stretch the track from 3.5 miles to just over 10 miles and are adding a hotel.. smile

Pen

Pendejo wrote:

I am waiting for Lemons Pharump at the Spring Mountain Raceway. Yes it is in the middle of nowhere BUT it has Racing,Gambling,Booze and Hookers everything a rough and dirty LeMon racer wants.. And they are getting ready to stretch the track from 3.5 miles to just over 10 miles and are adding a hotel.. smile

Pen

I've driven that track a couple of times. The last time was a year ago and man, have the done it up nice (the clubhouse, that is). Awesome catered buffet and there's massage room with on-call masseuse, a bar... friggin' sweet!

Oh, the lower track is pretty cool. Well, when the owner isn't landing his private plane on it in the middle of our track session. Didn't get to drive the upper track, yet.

21 (edited by rockwood 2010-04-02 08:33 AM)

Pendejo wrote:

Pen

Doubtful they'd ever allow Lemons on their track.  They're a bit too uppity for our crowd.  My buddies and I used to go there for fun hotlapping/testing and they eventually basically said we couldn't come back because we went from having 90% street driven NSXs to 90% Honda/Nissan racecars and were "blowing up too much" (we blew 2 motors in half a dozen events). 

If they can't handle some Honda/Nissan racecars blowing up a whopping 2 motors, how will they handle an entire Lemons field? big_smile

But yeah, awesome track.

Pendejo wrote:

Pen

Actually... at one point in the past a Lemons Pahrump at Spring Mountain Raceway was actually scheduled! Apparently Jay was able to book the track and everything. Then a few weeks later he get a call from someone saying "We're sorry but your race is not compatible with our high end country club atmosphere." So it was cancelled... would have been fun!

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

rockwood wrote:
Pendejo wrote:

Pen

Doubtful they'd ever allow Lemons on their track.  They're a bit too uppity for our crowd.  My buddies and I used to go there for fun hotlapping/testing and they eventually basically said we couldn't come back because we went from having 90% street driven NSXs to 90% Honda/Nissan racecars and were "blowing up too much" (we blew 2 motors in half a dozen events). 

If they can't handle some Honda/Nissan racecars blowing up a whopping 2 motors, how will they handle an entire Lemons field? big_smile

But yeah, awesome track.

Ugh! yeah we were there waiting for the idiots to get off the track. I don't think it was the NSX guys from Las Vegas causing the problem it was the nimrods with the civic hatch cars with parts falling off and smoking the whole place out that screwed that deal. I mean common man! And they were going off every where. The track has a no rocking rule! If you go off and throw rocks on the track more than two times you go home and never come back. That would actually fit in the Lemons rules..

Pen