1 (edited by fairgentleman Z 2010-04-04 12:59 PM)

Topic: Gingerman Friday April 16th testing-> $750 per team

My apologies. The cost for the Lemons participants is $125.00 per CAR not per driver.

Thanks
Jillian Schnitta
Gingerman Raceway

[/drama]

^update

much better than this:

o.k. for a 6 driver team if everyone wants to drive.

I haven't heard any details on the test day so a couple emails later I got this:

Thank you for contacting us. Yes we will have an open track day April 16th for Lemons participants. Details will be posted on our website this weekend.It will be 9:00am - 5:00pm $125.00 per driver. Registration online.

Thanks
Jillian Schnitta
Gingerman Raceway

Now correct me if I am wrong; I think Nelson was $150 for car and one driver + $50 each additional.  Sears Pointless was $325 for 5 sessions (45min - 1hour).  Thunderhill is $200 for car and one driver + $50 each additional.

So for 6 drivers: Nelson $400, Sears Pointless $325 (could you do driver changes mid session?), Thunderhill $450.

I'm sure come Friday my team will be coughing up $125 a piece, but $75 a piece seems the norm.  What is the most you could pay for a Friday test day per team?

It's really not that bad per driver, but price per car.....

[/whining]

Drive more, type less.

Re: Gingerman Friday April 16th testing-> $750 per team

That sounds really steep considering we are paying $160 per car at Gingerman on the Saturday the 10th.  It goes from 9am-5pm minus an hour lunch with either three or four run groups depending on the final car count.  If it's three groups, then each CAR gets seven 20 minute sessions.  It isn't as much track time as the 16th, but it's way cheaper.

One other thing to consider is that you have to go through tech on Friday.  At NL last fall, I'm pretty sure the time sitting in line plus the tech itself took close to three hours.  If it's anything like NL, you'll be paying to drive on the track while you are parked in line.  We planned on running the practice day at NL, but we had no power assist, so we had to swap the brake booster, rebleed the brakes and apply our decals on Friday.  By the time we got that done in the heavy rainstorm, it was time to go through tech.  With the long tech time, we gave up and just ran the free night practice.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

3 (edited by prime suspect 2010-04-02 05:18 AM)

thats a ridiculous price    i can see $125 for the CAR ......    but per driver !!! ?       do we get some vaseline with this ??        maybe its time to set up a roadcourse in my yard and retire

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

4 (edited by fairgentleman Z 2010-04-02 03:53 PM)

well, they have made an addition to the main page:

APRIL 3-4, 2010
OPENING SEASON OPEN TRACK WEEKEND
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
SIGN UP FOR BOTH DAYS AND YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY ENTERED INTO RAFFLE FOR FREE TRACK TIME!

Saturday 9am - 5pm $150.00 full day PER DRIVER
Sunday 8am - 10am, 12pm - 5pm $150.00 full day PER DRIVER
Pre-Register for both days and cost is only $250.00!!
Lemons PARTICIPANTS ONLY: Cost PER CAR
See 'EVENT SCHEDULE' click on APRIL 3rd or 4th for details!

so hopefully I am starting  bunch of unnecessary drama

Drive more, type less.

Our car is fully plated and insured.  So...the backroads of South Haven look good to me.  smile

Fukushima Sushi Delivery
POS 325e

My apologies. The cost for the Lemons participants is $125.00 per CAR not per driver.

Thanks
Jillian Schnitta
Gingerman Raceway

[/drama]

Drive more, type less.

prime suspect wrote:

thats a ridiculous price    i can see $125 for the CAR ......    but per driver !!! ?       do we get some vaseline with this ??        maybe its time to set up a roadcourse in my yard and retire

Clearly you've never done a track day. Even per driver that's half of what I just paid for a recent event, though I had lots of track time.

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

8 (edited by prime suspect 2010-04-04 05:25 PM)

Spinnetti wrote:
prime suspect wrote:

Clearly you've never done a track day. Even per driver that's half of what I just paid for a recent event, though I had lots of track time.

you are correct    Im pretty bored with drag racing ( done it all my life) so I thought Lemons would be a nice change and almost as cheap     at least I thought that till now       lol

I see they have corrected it though so thats cool  we will pony up the $125 for friday practice  the weekend of the race if thats all it is ...???..   (she really didnt say if the $125 was for the 16th also)

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

prime suspect wrote:

I see they have corrected it though so thats cool  we will pony up the $125 for friday practice  the weekend of the race if thats all it is ...???..   (she really didnt say if the $125 was for the 16th also)

Yes, this was an answer to my email specifically for the Friday April 16th day.

Here is the link as on Gingerman's site;
http://www.gingermanraceway.com/events- … n-practice

Anyone with mod abilities want to update the original title to this thread?

Drive more, type less.