1 (edited by Woodstock 2010-03-11 05:06 AM)

Topic: American Ironey who's in

Team name & where you are from: Morrows auto Snoopy & Woodstock

What year & make & engine: 87 GMC mid engine twin turbo Vanmeano
                                          85 Pontihack Grandprix NAStiCAR Pontiac 400cid

Rookie or season'd: 4 at NL  4 rookies

It Ain't My Fault

Re: American Ironey who's in

We'll Bring Beer!
94 Toyota Celica
Ran The Lamest day Last year.  Figured out our mistake was not bringing enough beer.  Have rectified said glaring error, more will be brought this time.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

We are skipping the April race, but we will be there to watch.  Due to winter storage arrangements, our crapcan won't come out of storage until close to April 1st.  We still need to make some repairs and prep it before it's ready to race again.  We will be at Gingerman in October and we might hit the NL Usedcar race in September if their April race actually works out.

The good news is that we will have lots of time to mingle and take in all that is Lemons.  The Lamest Day was a chaotic 24 hours and we didn't have much time to chat with fellow racers.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Booby Prize Racing
Buffaloish, NY

A couple vets, and a couple virgins.

So.... what is there to do on a Saturday night when its not a true 24hr?  Idle hands are the devil's playground.  Maybe I could help Snoopy with his Quest....

When is the track test info going to be posted!!!!!!!

Drive more, type less.

Track Pillagers  #24
that's right! we're back!

muahahahahaha, Valhalla will welcome us!

Come by and see us, say hi! We'll have the Buick with the giant dragon's head.

Team Lebowski

Toledo Ohio area for 4 of the drivers, and me in Northern KY formerly of the Toyota team.

The main 4 principles ran Nelsons, and I've run 5 Lemons + SCCA in IT for many years....

Gingerman is not my favorite track (vs. for instance Grattan), but should be fun.

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

Spinnetti wrote:

...Gingerman is not my favorite track (vs. for instance Grattan), but should be fun.

Grattan is a great track and one of my favorites, but it's way too dangerous for Lemons.  Gingerman will be a brake eater and we will see lots of corner contact due to dive bombing and lockup.

'74 260Z

The finned pink monster  ('61 Caddy) will be back, with a new drivetrain. The "character" that was added to her at NL will remain, as will the breast cancer research charity fundraising efforts.  We all have between 2-5 Lemons races under our belts, with the possible exception of one rookie. Who knows of a good hotel? I gotta book a room...

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

CRaP
E30 going on it's 4th race, as are the drivers. (Flat Rock DNF, Toledo 6th, NL 20-ishth)
This will be interesting as it's the first non-24hour race we've done

I'm expecting a LOT of black flags.  The "comfort" of run-off room w/o trees or walls should have a bunch of drivers making moves they shouldn't...and ending up on the lawn.

Fukushima Sushi Delivery
POS 325e

Speedycop wrote:

The finned pink monster  ('61 Caddy) will be back, with a new drivetrain. ..

O dear god.  Fairly tight track, and you and the snoopy van.  I'm having flashbacks of terror from Nelson's.  Can't wait!

Bloomington, IN
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

The Usual Suspects will be there with the 94 V6 MX6 they stole ....err...  " borrowed" from the warden         towing it with the prison bus they also "borrowed"        all rookies   so Im hoping you more experienced "Lemoniers" will cut us some slack on track and not take offense to our lack of driving skill      I have tried to express apon my team the need to stay out of the way of more experienced/faster teams and just focus on finishing the race

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

Dead Rocket Racing (formerly Red Rocket Racing) will be there.  We are down to 4 drivers this year.  This will be the second event for all of us (Lamest Day 09).  Looking forward to it.

Ken

Hey Ken, were you the Neon parked next to us?  If so, did you get your Neon unbent or are you using a different car?

'74 260Z

Scirocket II (formerly Doing Community Service)
84 VW Scirocket (affectionately, the shit rocket)
6 from NL, all returning.

We aim to be the first Scirocco to finish a Lemons race with an appreciable number of laps. This time, we have hella spares.

Yeah, we discussed Grattan, and the dumpster and ambulances that would have to be stationed at Turn 3.........

Bring your brake pads. You'll be looking at rivets saturday night. GingerMan is why I have 12.3" rotors on a Passat.

Captainess: #88 Scirocket Racing - Did someone say Pikachu?

Jeff G 78 wrote:

Hey Ken, were you the Neon parked next to us?  If so, did you get your Neon unbent or are you using a different car?

That was us.  We got the front driver's side pulled out.  The shock tower was pushed back a couple of inches.  With a new fender from Parts Galore, you can't even tell. 

How about you guys?  Did you get that rear diff fixed?

Ken

BB69 wrote:

How about you guys?  Did you get that rear diff fixed?

Hell, we fixed it in the middle of the night at NL!  The ghetto fabbed rear mount we made at 2am in the rain and larger diff we installed worked great for the rest of the race.  We do need to swap the mount for a real one.  Even though that mount worked in a pinch, I wouldn't trust it long-term.

Glad to hear your Neon is straight again.  You guys were in for a good finish before you shortened your car.

'74 260Z

Team Reynolds Style is in! 1995 Toyota Celica - Lake Orion, Michigan.  Our first race was at Nelsons, looking forward to another great race!

Mike,
Team Reynolds Style
www.teamreynoldsstyle.com

Team Sucker Punch is in!!

We will again be running our Van Halen Camaro, same one we ran last year at Nelson

I have two Lemons races under my belt (Toledo and Nelson), beyond that we are bringing back our entire team of drivers from last year as well as one stone cold Lemons rookie

What could possiably go wrong??

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

DrunkMike wrote:

Team Reynolds Style is in! 1995 Toyota Celica - Lake Orion, Michigan.  Our first race was at Nelsons, looking forward to another great race!

I'll make sure I have a spare coil for both of us this time.  Good to see you guys again.

Bloomington, IN

Team name & where you are from:Focke eWe 190, Columbus-ish Ohio

What year & make & engine: 85-88VW golf, w/ top half of our blowed up 85 engine and a fresh (from the JY) 87 bottom end.  1.8L of 8V powah!

Rookie or season'd: Mostly seasoned Lemons from toledo & NL, w/ 1 noob NASA driver.

We are accepted and paid.  Just need to finish putting the 2 junk engines together, get engine & trans back in the car, fix broken exhaust, straighten out the persistent CIS fueling problems...

No problem!

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

Team Top Fool Elemonator is in.

1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD

We are all basically from the Mentor, Ohio area (think NE snowbelt)

This is our first Lemons race and we are all really excited.  Now we just have to finish the car.  Like The pink caddy team we are also there with the agenda of raising money for SaveTheTaTas.com.  Funny how that worked out. 

Anyways, we are really looking forward to meeting everyone and we are staying at the Holiday Inn Express.  Look us up.  Car should be murdered black with neon pink highlight towed by a 2003 Metallic Green Tahoe.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Fool- … 77?ref=sgm
#34 Save the Tatas Subaru Impreza
2010 Detroit Irony 32nd/Capital Offense 68th/Grand Bull 26th/Rod Blago "FIF"

Skid Marks Racing
1995 Neon
3 of us from Indy, the 4th from South Bend, IN

All four of us ran the CMP fall race in 2009.  Looking forward to Gingerman and a significantly less than 12 hour drive to the race track!!!

Skid Marks Racing, 1995 Neon #56
2009 CMP (12th); 2010 Gingerman I (DNF), Gingerman II (DNF), and Autobahn (1st); 2011 Gingerman I (2nd), Gingerman II (1st), Autobahn (11th), and ECR (20th); 2012 Gingerman (36th), Autobahn I (DNF), Road America (3rd), Autobahn II (1st), ECR (11th)
http://www.youtube.com/rpr302

Wisconsin Crap Racing
1990 nissan maxima #46
4 virgins from southern Wisconsin (janesville, wi)

looking forward to meeting some ppl and racing in a couple weeks

Wisconsin Crap Racers #113 E36
I.O.E. Winners 2023 Gingerman
2016 and 2017 Cure for Gingivitis Champs!
30+ time Losers!

I am bringing my achievers along to watch the race so we can get in gear to have our car ready in time for Omaha and Denver.  We are driving in from Sioux Falls, SD if anyone in the neighborhood needs a ride out to watch.

We will bring the best swill South Dakota has too offer as well.

Team Merikuh
Omaha '10 wussed out, lost too many drivers sad
"Simplify, then add Awesome"

VolvOwned
1986 Volvo 245 #86
our second Lemons, from the Chicago burbs.

We haven't touched anything on the car since the last race, except for improving our theme.  We felt like assholes last time, because we showed up with a plain-ass volvo.  I think we will be a hit.

You are only entitled to the space you occupy.