Topic: Parts Liquidation Strategy???

What have your teams done to quickly and easily part a car out in bulk? 

Ebay? Seems time consuming, and if there's something I have less of than money, it's time.

Do you just call around junkyard to junkyard to see what kind of cash they will give you for the complete interior out of a Vauxhall Station Wagon?

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas

Re: Parts Liquidation Strategy???

Craigslist.  Its rarely quick and easy though, but its free and local as opposed to ebay.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Ebay, CL, appropiate car forum, faking sales receipts...  It's time consuming but it's all part of the game.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

4 (edited by Bender/StickFigureRacing 2010-04-08 06:47 AM)

We gutted a parts car for everything we thought we could use at the track. Sold the shell to a metal recycling company for a whole $36.00 and change.
Oh wait you "need" the shell your just trying to get rid of the interior.
Yep Ebay, Craigslist, and all those friends you have with that exact same model car.:D

The Vauxhall Station Wagon is a collectors item so you might get lucky and sell quite a bit from the interior. I think it's going to be easier on Ebay.
We sold $420.00 bucks worth of parts off our MR2 on Ebay. We didn't know that
the rear Toyota Valance and trim were going to go for over $200.00 bucks. The switches went for $80.00 and were easier to mail.

Good luck.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/