1 (edited by emizzle81 2010-04-12 09:52 AM)

Topic: 2 peice suit

I tried looking for this answer on this but didnt find it. Is it legal to wear a 2 peice crew uniform that is sfi approved?

Re: 2 peice suit

emizzle81 wrote:

I tried looking for this answer on this but didnt find it. Is it legal to wear a 2 peice crew uniform that is sfi approved?

Wear it for driving or in the pits?
There are a lot of drivers that wear two piece race suits.
I don't know if crew suits are built the same way as a drivers suit.
The drivers suit has stretch strapping that holds the pant leg firm into the boot so when your driving the leg is never exposed. Wrists have stretch material to prevent flames from entering the suit at the hand opening.

3.7: Fire-Retardant Clothing: Full SFI 3.2/A- or FIA 8856-2000-certified  fire-retardant driving suits must be worn by all drivers at all times while inside the car. If using a single-layer SFI 3.2/A1 or 3.2/A3 suit, driver must also wear fire-retardant SFI- or FIA-cetified longjohns. Multilayer suits rated SFI 3.2/A5 or higher are highly recommended and may be worn without longjohns. Fire-retardant FIA- or SFI-rated racing gloves and shoes are required. And yeah, while they may very well be superior, military-spec or firefighter suits are not FIA- or SFI-rated, so we can't accept them.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

emizzle81 wrote:

Yes, it's legal. If using a 2-piece suit, it's recommended to use fireproof long johns so that your skin at the midriff is not exposed if they have to drag you unconscious from your burning heap. But it is legal.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I just bought a 2 piece suit, a double layer, and I really like it.  It's nice to remove the jacket easily and the leave the pants on.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Jer wrote:

I just bought a 2 piece suit, a double layer, and I really like it.  It's nice to remove the jacket easily and the leave the pants on.

you're doing it wrong!

http://lifefeed.net/images/venn-happynopants.gif