Topic: Things that burn...

Having removed everything non metallic from our interior with the exception of the instrument cluster and wire harness. Are we required to to remove sound absorption material, you know the stuff that is like a floor tile that is nearly impossible to remove. I know how to remove it but want to spend my time on the EMF pulse generator, retractable wheel hub shredding thingy and other instruments of evil.

Re: Things that burn...

Plenty of cars do not remove the sound deadening from thier car.  The rule is remove as much as practical.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Dry ice, sturdy gasket scraper, medium sized hammer. Works best in cold weather.

EriktheAwful wrote:

Dry ice, sturdy gasket scraper, medium sized hammer. Works best in cold weather.

1" old wood chisel (but some what sharp), and Leather gloves. And yeah, put your car in the freezer for a half a day to harden that crap. Flip the chisel over.

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche

Thanks guys, liquid nitrogen is the trick, pour it on and just a tap with a hammer shatters it, not wanting to bother if I don't have too. Any ideas of where to find a 10,000 watt magnetron?

Try these guys:

http://www.nortonsalesinc.com/

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

[Mr Burns voice]
Excellent! Smithers, pre-flight the Jenny, were going coast to coast!

air chisel.  then get the welder on your team to fix all the holes you punched in floor.

bob-e wrote:

air chisel.  then use industrial adhesive to fix all the holes you punched in floor.

Fixed that for you.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

The Bman wrote:

...want to spend my time on the EMF pulse generator thingy and other instruments of evil.

Whoo-hoo!! Here's to old school electrical/mechanical ignition!! (Heck, even my fuel pump uses points)

Need a henchman?

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

"Sparky" Pete wrote:
The Bman wrote:

...want to spend my time on the EMF pulse generator thingy and other instruments of evil.

Whoo-hoo!! Here's to old school electrical/mechanical ignition!! (Heck, even my fuel pump uses points)

Need a henchman?

You're using the original SU pump? I guess you cut a hole in the floor pan and carry a ball peen to whack it down the straights.....if you love the ticka ticka sound, Carter makes a solenoid pump that sounds right...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

I use a torch to remove just about anything on a lemon, just have a fire extinguisher close by and don't panic wink

It Ain't My Fault

Money burns!

Rich DeFrancisco
Chump Change Racing aka "The Bridesmaids"
1986 BMW 535im
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic … 8418604559

I use a torch too.  Then a wire wheel.

You are only entitled to the space you occupy.