Topic: Did I give you Loctite @ GingerMan?

Hey, I know Police Brutality and Focke Ewe were heavy users, but would any one else who got a fix out my little cardboard box of goodies post up?

Work is curious!

Captainess: #88 Scirocket Racing - Did someone say Pikachu?

Re: Did I give you Loctite @ GingerMan?

atomicalex wrote:

Hey, I know Police Brutality and Focke Ewe were heavy users, but would any one else who got a fix out my little cardboard box of goodies post up?

Work is curious!

We got some from you, Thanks!

i had sent out some team-members earlier out on a mission to find team Loctite without success, perhaps a bigger sign next time?

Thanks for all your help

OMG, we gave you 2 dead-blow hammers and you gave us:

Loctite Blue in stick form (it's mess-free!  we used it on our Wink mirror)
Anti-seize in a stick
Jumbo bottle of red

Whoo-hoo loctite!

See you guys at the Blago 500?

The hammers! We love them!

Alex, those Loctite products were FANTASTIC!!! Thanks again. We still owe you a team pic---you gonna be a Summit Point?

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Thanks for the Loc-tite!!!

If and when the T-bird goes the way of the Do-Do bird... we'll try to get you the door you signed! "Tranny by Loc-Tite" was awesome!!!

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion

7 (edited by FJ40Jim 2010-04-21 10:56 AM)

We had problems w/ exhaust coming loose.  Initially it was blamed on the 3 flange bolts/nuts backing off.  After applying some loctite, retightening, and having the joint get loose & noisy AGAIN, we realized the root problem was the thick composition gasket ring collapsing from all the flaming exhaust of the lemony engine.  We disassembled, removed the gasket entirely, reassembled flange to flange w/ new bolts (TSC was open at 9AM sunday morning) and Loctite.  It was slightly leaky without a gasket, but the bolts didn't loosen all day sunday.

Yay for Loctite, Captain Alex & the scirockettes, who also helped us at the NL race. smile

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

Dammit!  After all the headgasket fun, managed to not get down there again.  O well, thanks for the offer.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

I think you gave us some stuff at Nelsons.  I believe it's loctite in stick form.  Amazing stuff!

Thanks,
Kris L.

Hey Alex, I just found some video of the Loctite in action and got a nice screencap for you:

http://i40.tinypic.com/rb9wgj.jpg

Full size: http://i40.tinypic.com/rb9wgj.jpg

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

That is *fantastic*!!!

Thank you!!