1 (edited by roadki1 2010-04-24 06:18 AM)

Topic: Changing horses mid stream... mebbe

My plan has been to run a 87 Buick Le Sabre in the Mutual Destruction of Omaha dressed in Brawndo colors with a giant can of Brawndo on the roof but the teammate that joined me in spectating Gingerman wants to switch to a new car before we have our first race.

I love the idea for the new car but think it might be too complicated for my group of idiots and layabouts to handle this summer.  The current car is already in my garage and waiting to have theme dumped all over it.  The new car would have to be acquired, cut into little pieces, mated in an unholy union with a 2 wheeled transportation device and then themed for days and days. 

The only reason I haven't told him no yet is that I think we might have a longshot chance at the IOE with car 2 but would probably not die in a fiery ball of awesome if we kept car 1.

Team Merikuh
Omaha '10 wussed out, lost too many drivers sad
"Simplify, then add Awesome"

Re: Changing horses mid stream... mebbe

Work on car #2 until it's clear you can't finish it in time.  Then throw a theme on car #1 and race it.

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

But... it's what plants crave!

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

ronman wrote:

But... it's what plants crave!

I know, it's got Electrolytes.  Not like water from the toilet.

If I could only find me a sugar daddy to pay for entry on two cars then I might be able to have both kinds of fun, barring that I think car 2 will be a winter project for next year.

Team Merikuh

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2009/03/TopTexans-13.jpg

There's already a Brawndo-themed team, in Texas. Meet the Team Brawndo The Thirst Mutilator Nissan 200SX.

MurileeMartin wrote:

There's already a Brawndo-themed team, in Texas. Meet the Team Brawndo The Thirst Mutilator Nissan 200SX.

You told me about that one at Gingerman and it saddened me a bit, I still think we could get away with it as our version of the Brawndo car is much further to the side of bad taste and would require our Buick to become a ute with NAS-TRUCK style fake sponsors all over and a giant can in the back.

Team Merikuh