Topic: Rollcage: Front hoop ?

I plan on buying this cage for my Coupe':

http://www.rollcagecomponents.com/kits7/crownvic.htm

The front hoop actually extends from the rear hoop horizontal to the roofline (middle pic, right side).

The verticle bars then wrap around the bottom of the front hoop.  I can see where this makes it easier to weld the front section, but will it pass tech?  This guy has obviously built Lemons cages before, but I'd hate to show up and fail tech because I don't have a verticle front hoop.

Thanks for looking.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Re: Rollcage: Front hoop ?

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

The front hoop actually extends from the rear hoop horizontal to the roofline (middle pic, right side).

The verticle bars then wrap around the bottom of the front hoop.  I can see where this makes it easier to weld the front section, but will it pass tech?  This guy has obviously built Lemons cages before, but I'd hate to show up and fail tech because I don't have a verticle front hoop.

Thanks for looking.

The front hoop you are talking about is called a Halo hoop. This design is quite popular and meets  specs as far as roll cage design. The cage is nicely designed and should work well for your build. Just make sure that your seat belt anchor bar is at the correct level for your seat. A lot of prefab cages have a general anchor point that doesn't give the correct angle for the seat belt harness.
Good luck with your build.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

I spoke with this guy a little while back, and he's done Thunderbirds before.  He's got all the measurements alreadt, so the belt anchor should be right.  I could probably get a measurement from him if I'm not sure.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

I spoke with this guy a little while back, and he's done Thunderbirds before.  He's got all the measurements alreadt, so the belt anchor should be right.  I could probably get a measurement from him if I'm not sure.

The harness bar height is seat dependant.  You could have a low seat with no sliders or a rather tall seat on sliders.  The closer the harness bar is to the seat, the more critical the height.  If you know what seat you are using, mount it in the car and get the height of the harness holes so you get the cage right the first time.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

I'm going to have him build me the seat mount w/ slider, it's like 60.00.  If I give him the height of the harness holes, do you think that's enough info for him?

Is he building the cage, or just supplying you with a cage kit?  If he is doing it all, get the seat first and give it to him.  If not, take photos of the seat and give him measurements of the seat holes vertically from the mounts up to the bottom of the holes.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584