Topic: Anyone Houston to Lousiana with extra trailer room/Bed/Shower?

I need to get a 4 wheel Sand Rail Kart to the track and back to Houston.  I need a place to sleep and maybe one/two shower or a water hose.  I have a tent but I'm not sure how the track feels about it.  Honestly I am afraid someone would run over it testing and tuning Saturday night and kill me.
But by that time, I would not feel a thing.  I might rent a Van and just haul and sleep in it.
Any thoughts to this plan?

Justice...with a smile.

Re: Anyone Houston to Lousiana with extra trailer room/Bed/Shower?

Loads of people tent it at CMP... I can't imagine things are so vastly different at the Coonass 500 that it would be unacceptable.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

I am sure a tent will be fine. Might be kinda of humid, mabey a small window unit with an extension cord. There are several and clean, nice showers there.

Last year lots of people camped out on the grass next to the drag strip. It's not as bad as it sounds. Will your sand rail fit in the bed of a pickup? Probably not huh? What about renting a Sprinter van? It might be wide enough and it's big enough to throw an air matress to sleep in.

We camped last year.  No problems.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

doctawife wrote:

We camped last year.  No problems.

No problems..I chortled.

I'm thinking camping could be fun but after being force feed drinks in Houston, I have a Designated Driver who will get me back to the Best Western in Donaldsonville.  $70 a night is awesome and it's about 8 miles away.  I'm going to rent a truck and just load up the Kart and enjoy the drive.

Justice...with a smile.

I wasn't even force fed drinks at MSR, but I drank nearly all the beer I had brought for someone coming up Saturday...Damn, they were tasty!  Saint Arnold's is honey.  I fell asleep while talking with people Thursday...and my team didn't even abuse me with markers.  If you be drankin' please stay off the roads, even in LA.

----------
Scott
Speed Racer Mach5 Mustang
Houston TX

Did you say St. Arnolds.....and a private plane.

Justice...with a smile.