Topic: Thursday Night at Buttonwillow?

The info page says the track opens at 7am on Friday.

Any chance the camping cheapskates among us can get in Thursday night?

Will we be shot/towed/molested if we park on the side of Lerdo Hwy overnight?

There are those who call me...Judge Tim
Previously: Der Uberbird! BMW 633CSi
"When life gives you Lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you crap, don't make a beverage out of it."

Re: Thursday Night at Buttonwillow?

There's a Motel 6 nearby for like $37/night.  That's not THAT bad.

Team Formula BMW
#23 Pink Pig

You can park just outside the gates Thursday night and camp (there are two inbound lanes and one outbound).  No access to facilities..but if you are trailer/motorhome'ing, just park and wait until morning.

Good question actually. I need to try and snag one of the RV spaces for my team since my friend's RV's generator doesn't work and we sure as hell want the A/C going.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

On a related note the garages that are available for rent are most likely gone now too.  I picked one up over the weekend and there was only one left.

The Pussy Wagën rides again,
one of Kill Phils crazy 88's
The B-Team

pixlpush wrote:

On a related note the garages that are available for rent are most likely gone now too.

Garage?! Ooh, la, la Mr. Frenchman.

No, seriously, I'm just trying to figure out how to be at the front of the line come Friday morning. Rather get through tech/BS before the Judges get all heat-stroked and surly, then get on to track testing.

"When life gives you Lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you crap, don't make a beverage out of it."

The only way to be in line first is to just pull up to the gate way off to the right and wait. I doubt there is going to be a mad rush first thing friday but it is a open track day so earlier the better.

Pen

We say this every time, but there's no huge advantage to being the first one in line at the track.

MurileeMartin wrote:

We say this every time, but there's no huge advantage to being the first one in line at the track.

Actually, it gives you the advantage of being labeled "one of THOSE guys" by Lemons staff.

Nick_LeMonsHQ wrote:

Actually, it gives you the advantage of being labeled "one of THOSE guys" by Lemons staff.

One of those really cool, awesome guys that's here to have the best weekend ever?

That's what you mean, right?

Awesome!