Topic: Dumb cage question

This car on ebay already has a cage. By looking at the pictures in the description does anyone have a gut feeling on whether or not the cage is any good and will pass tech?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI … MEWAX%3AIT

Re: Dumb cage question

Read the rules, my friend.  That "cage" isn't even close.

The main hoop "might" be usable as the basis for a cage, but even that is lacking a proper diagonal.

Best bet would be to rip that out and start over.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

I wanna know who ripped him off for $1000 for that "cage" in the first place.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

That's what I thought. Thanks!

It looks like one of those cheap NHRA cages that guys are asking about all the time around here.  I actually wouldn't doubt that he paid $500 for the cage and $500 to have it installed.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

It looks great, if you just want to protect your body and ignore your head.  tongue

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

My body is a temple.  My head - not so much.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.