Topic: Thank You Cain't Git Bayou!

We got back home 2 hours ago (2a) and I'm just finishing the unpacking.  I need to say thank you to everyone who raced, watched the race, ran the race, flagged the race or just thought about the race.  It was awesome. 

So many things went right: we passed tech (but only with help from our fellow racers), we ate fantastic jambalaya and crawfish, we raced hard, we fixed our contention-killing clutch issue and we WON SOMETHING!  Apparently, we were deserving of the Most from the Least award, given that we made a rustbucket race 12.5 hours.  Whoo-hoo!

The only things that went wrong were: our clutch issue meant we couldn't meet our goal (a top 5 finish), I missed lunch on Sunday, and it's 0410a and I'm still up... and not quite done unpacking.  Life is SO hard, right?  wink

A special thanks to shrimpandboots and his krewe.  If you are ever at a race with them and you don't eat their food, you're a loser.  Why?  'Cause you're losing out on eating with some of the best folks in racing.  Oh, and their food is good too.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Re: Thank You Cain't Git Bayou!

I am a Zombie right now.  I drove to Baton Rouge to deliver a case of St. Arnold's, then to Lafayette to deliver another case to other friends and made it home just after midnight.  I was almost hit on I-10 by the #6 team, then again buy the KarmanGhia but the was on purpose and was buzzed by a little green Lotus somewhere in Texas.  I had the best time I could short of actually racing.  Thank you Lemons Crew for letting me be a part of this and Thank you Lemons drivers for being good sports.  Shrimpandboots, you guys amaze me but please clean the rat.

Justice...with a smile.

Despite the car being a complete pile of crap this weekend and constant presence in the petal box (I think they were going to start charging us rent at some point) because of it, we had fun.  Thanks for the patience of the Lemons judges and crew, the various fellow races who loaned us stuff (batteries, bolts, tools, ect.), and the rock'm food from the S&B team!

It takes a special type of person to hydro-plane 4 wheel off on the victory lap!  Thanks again Judges for your patience.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

I really need lots of pics from this weekend if anyone can use www.tinypic.com and post them up.  I would appreciate it.

Justice...with a smile.

Woot! Great time. One blown up KA motor chalked up for me! Turns out headgasket problems can really mess up quite a bit.

We were in the 1995 nissan Altima (GO MEXICO) with the La Cucaracha horns. We had a great time in a car that we finished AT the track on Friday. THANKS FOR PASSING US IN TECH INSPECTION! We learned a lot by building our own car and we'll be ready for the November race (maybe even Houston, who knows?) with recommended fixes from the safety guy.

BUT, to my dismay, I have a few areas of question / improvement / lessons learned:

1) I didn't know that if ANY fuel spills from overflow etc of the tank while it's filling in the designated area that it's a black flag? This happened in the fueling area and I was trying to be careful with fueling, but it "gurgled" out of the overflow (I think from just filling it too fast - not from being totally full) and some got on the ground...turns out it was a BLACK FLAG! They were easy on us, and we were out of the running for any decent finish anyway (sorry I'm not putting a 23 gal fuel cell in the car or wearing diapers to run 3.5 hours), so it's just lesson learned.

2) Our 230k mile Nissan Altima was considered "Typical Japanese Cheaters" ?? (http://jalopnik.com/5528603/baksheesh-j … you-lemons) Wow! Team mate / friend of mine (read NO track experience) bought the car for the parts off of it (advertised ROD knock - doesn't run - no title). I actually wanted to put the stock intake, header, and exhaust on it for more mileage, but we really didn't have time to swap them from his daily driver Altima. SO, typical japanese cheater is a FWD 4-door family car w/ blown headgasket, that smokes constantly, is hard to start, can only finish 10 laps at a time before having to pit and refill with water and oil, and can only survive one day at that before throwing a rod through the block?? I saw a LOT of cheater cars out there...and ours wasn't one of them...We didn't even change the spark plugs for crying out loud (otherwise we might have caught the headgakset smile ). I guess I'm just confused by this comment...ahhh nevermind.

3) Where might we find published lap results? I'd love to know what times we turned and how many laps we were able to squeeze out of the altima before catastrophic failure.

Had a great fun, until next time!

Patrick ALTIMATE ANNIHILATION

OK I found the results on MYLAPS.com Search "Lemons" it's the first one.

Hi Harris, I did not think the Black Flag was for spilling in the proper area unless you just blew it all over you and other drivers.  I thought it was a call of you overflowing on the track/cars behind you that prompted the black flag.  It happened a few times over the weekend to a few cars, i could be wrong but thought one was you.

On cheaters, don't fell special, I call everyone cheaters.  It's more of a blanket statement you may have taken to heart.  Trust me on this, after you ran 3 laps, not a single person in all of Gods green bayou called your car a cheater car. :-)~  I'm glad you had fun, I saw a few nice moves and a well placed thank you wave so it look like you were having fun and I'm glad you came.

Justice...with a smile.

harrisracing wrote:

Wah! Wah! Wah!

You are not allowed to spill fuel or whine.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Lol. Sorry didn't mean to sound whiny. Yes it was some spilled fuel in the gas fill area. Now I know, just posting it here for other people FYI.

We had fun and sorry we couldn't pull the motor from the daily. Next time we know what to expect and will be at least as "reliable" as we were this time!

(btw race is over you can quit being a judge now). wink

http://i38.tinypic.com/1h82ro.jpg

Justice...with a smile.

doctawife wrote:

A special thanks to shrimpandboots and his krewe.  If you are ever at a race with them and you don't eat their food, you're a loser.  Why?  'Cause you're losing out on eating with some of the best folks in racing.  Oh, and their food is good too.

Thanks a million for the plug. Made a crawfish stew last night with the left over crawfish, it was very good. Thanks to everyone that hung out with us, makes the $1,600 grocery bill worth it.

Also thanks to the people that helped fix the 911 car after I wrecked it 5 seconds into the pace lap. "NOW THAT IS SOME FUNNY SHIT THERE". After the 40 minute repair the car was still up to speed and in 10th place for a couple of hours when the drive shaft broke. If  you were not there to watch the repair, you missed some good entertainment. Also thanks to the Lemons guys for the Most Heroic Fix award. The other car finished in 5th place which is like winning the Indy 500 for us.

12 (edited by MurileeMartin 2010-05-04 07:11 AM)

http://cache-02.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2010/05/500x_lnos10-shrimpbootsrepair-1280px-05.jpg

That was definitely the most entertaining wreck in Lemons history.

13 (edited by CCARVER 2010-05-04 12:09 PM)

I still have my Whistle and plan to use it again in Nov.
Trackside,
Carver - Tow Nazi

We had lots of fun. The staff at NPR is a great group! Drag racing was cool, I was afraid the SHO would blow up anything but it didn't. Made it home on the best used up tires we had. I'll have to post a picture of the left front, I heard the tread come off and slap the fender for about 50ft then it was track debris.

Congrats to the #97 BMW guys. See y'all in a month.