Topic: brake proportioning valves

Hi.

I looked through the rules and the forum, the rule's on brakes say the braking components don't count towards the $500. 

I understand from reading here that Brake upgrades do however.

I'm a little worried about my brake bias with the pads that are available for my car.  I'd like to add an in-line proportioning valve.  Is that an exempt part? 

thanks!

Re: brake proportioning valves

Even brake upgrades don't count. Your shiny new Wilwood's might get you some penalty laps, but they're still technically exempt.

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

No, shiny new Wilwood's in and of themselves will NOT get you penalty laps.  What they will get you is a lot more scrutiny from the judges.

It's the other things that they find while scrutinizing the rest of your car... the new belts and hoses that you forgot to include in your budget... the freshly painted, yet covered with dirt and suspiciously stiff shocks that also didn't find their way into your budget... the new distributor, the new valve cover gasket... things like that.

If you have a straight up OBVIOUSLY well-budgeted LeMon, brake upgrades won't get you penalty laps.

The judges won't bat an eye at your prop valve.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

YesIFit wrote:

Even brake upgrades don't count. Your shiny new Wilwood's might get you some penalty laps, but they're still technically exempt.

Shiney Wilwood's I wish!  .. brake upgrades aren't in our budget... but it would shure be nice to ensure the rear doesn't swap ends with the front.

There has always been a shiny wilwood adjustable prop valve under the hood of our car.  No judge has ever said boo about it.  Same goes for the fresh reman F&R calipers, all new metal lines, all stainless hoses, race pads, slotted rotors, etc.

The rules say "do whatever you feel is necessary to have safe brakes, cost be damned."

Our car is slow, but it always stops well.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

I have a Jwest proportioning valve brand new if you want to purchase it I would be willing to part with it because the car does not need it, Let me know.

Formerly an asshole driving an Infinity
Now just another cock with a Porsche
Chief bad decision maker of Team Lowbrau