Topic: Finishing build out of "Don't mess with Lexas"... Whaddaya think?

More piccies in the sig, and a bit more graphics to go... still need to do cage, but not much else.

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/9205/cimg2567k.jpg

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

Re: Finishing build out of "Don't mess with Lexas"... Whaddaya think?

that was a $500 car ? hmm

Yea, looks clean. Unlemony clean.

there's actually a long story to that lexus guys, and yeah, it looks nice. i dont remember if Spinetti here has it all up on his facebook or not, but in a nutshell, he picked it up at an estate sale with a bunch of stuff gone wrong on it.

it probably has 300k miles.....

I like the theme name...too cool really.....just make sure you have a good tranny cooler and proper brake pads!!

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

LS400s went on sale in 1990.
And there's plenty of them around for Lemons money.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Looks great - until Jerry Jones slaps a cease-and-desist on your a$$ as soon as you cross the Red River. Seems he thinks that he owns a blue outlined star and has the right -- nay, the duty! -- to stop anybody else from using it.

I say eff Jerry Jones.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Thanks for the comments.... If somebody doesn't want me to run the blue star, all the more reason to do so! Texas Spirit!

Yeah it is a straight car, but came from the Repo man - 241k, sitting for 4years with worn out interior, failed air suspension (very expensive to fix - I just bought a set of  steel suspension from the scrapper for $100), and a frozen accessory drive on the motor - also an expensive fix, so I just removed the frozen stuff and ran a shorter belt smile Hit the "website" link for more pics of the build.. If anybody wants specifics on anything, just let me know smile Big unknown is the tranny.. hopefully it will hang together.

Cheers!

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

Pack transmission in dry ice.  Replenish at every pit stop.

Nice ride.

I can see a pull the started penalty in Dallas on the horizon.

Justice...with a smile.

H.K. Phooey wrote:

tongue

I hope not! I'll bring a spare trans just in case. Motor is strong, starts right up and doesn't seem to use oil... I haven't even changed sparkplugs or air filter on it.. just oil.

Spinnetti wrote:
H.K. Phooey wrote:

tongue

I hope not! I'll bring a spare trans just in case. Motor is strong, starts right up and doesn't seem to use oil... I haven't even changed sparkplugs or air filter on it.. just oil.

Sounds like a $500 Lexus to me.....:-)~  Does the AC work because that would be a trick.  Running Lemons with the Windows up, plexi-glass of course would be a Texas first.

Justice...with a smile.

13 (edited by Spinnetti 2010-05-05 05:14 PM)

Ah, the piece d' resistance.... got my license plate today smile

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9848/cimg2569.jpg

PS, no, the AC doesn't work.. that would be handy... Gutted it out pretty good.... Search your local craigslist and join the party!

When are we going to see a Lemons Legend?

Judge Phil wrote:

When are we going to see a Lemons Legend?

I think between Lemons and the knock offs, we are starting to get some market saturation. So far I have only one confirmed driver who's willing to buy in. I'm just figuring out the cage stuff now, but as soon as the cage is in I'll post up for real to see if there are any takers (not in a huge hurry as I need to get my IT car out there this summer). I was hoping to get somebody to fab the cage as their buy in, but nothing so far.  I'm going to run 4 drivers (including me), and just like anybody else that actually accounts for their spending, its just shy of $4k car (mostly tires, and safety stuff) when all is said and done, with me having done all the labor, the cage welding, the graphics, mods etc.. Everybody is enthusiastic until the bill comes in.... As soon as I get some drivers I'll bring it out.

I think hizzonor meant "When are we gonna see a Lemons Acura Legend?"

That would compliment the Lexus, cressida, maxima cars already in progress.

BTW Spinnetti, the lexas is looking great.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

FJ40Jim wrote:

I think hizzonor meant "When are we gonna see a Lemons Acura Legend?"

That would compliment the Lexus, cressida, maxima cars already in progress.

BTW Spinnetti, the lexas is looking great.

Lol... you are probalby right.. I guess I missed the boat on that one...

Thanks smile

Yeah, I meant Acura Legend. We want to see more Japanese luxury machines on the track. The Q45, LS400, and Diamante have been represented, but so far no Legend, 929, etc.

And while we're talking about grossly underrepresented cars, when the hell is someone going to race a Mercedes-Benz W126 or R107? Come on, they're out there and they're cheap!

Judge Phil wrote:

And while we're talking about grossly underrepresented cars, when the hell is someone going to race a Mercedes-Benz W126 or R107? Come on, they're out there and they're cheap!

If the cage cost wasn't so prohibitive, I'd build more interesting stuff!