Topic: Newbie wants to contribute ....

Hi.  I just joined.  I have attended the Monterey Historics every year since 1997.  I love road racing.  In fact, I took my GTV2000 to Riverside with  the AROSC before the condos showed up for a day of Novice racing.

I publish a homemade 1970-1977 Ford Capri (of Germany) restoration book that has 200 vendors, thousands of parts and a 100 pages to help Capri Owner/Addicts such as me keep their cherished German Econo-Sport-Coupes running an a shoestring budget.

I have two of such cars; 1 of them is a perpetual restoration I have owned since college in the 80s and the other is a 95% creampuff.

So, needless to say, I was THRILLED to see the
"Dungeons & Dragsters" and the
"Mad Maxel Tov" 
German Capri entries in the 24 HOURS OF Lemons in 2009 and/or 2010.

Here's my question:  Can I donate 1 each of my parts catalog to these
Capri-campaigner teams without violating any 24HOL rules?

Also, I can volunteer technical expertise, such as how to put the key in the ignition and how to fill the radiator with water ...... :-)

But seriously, I have spent 1000's of hours and 5 years searching the internet for onesy-twosey parts from 100's of sources all over the globe to keep as many Capris in the hands of enthusiastic owners and to keep as many away from the wrecking yard crusher as possible - whether this is a good thing or a bad thing ...... :0)

Oh, yeah, I plan to attend the Lemons "Concours" on Monterey Weekend
and the  Arse-Freeze-Apalooza in December at Buttonwillow
as a mere spectator!!!

Thanks!

Jeff Kay
Editor
Calamigos Carl's Capri Compendium
somewhere near the canyon roads of Malibu, CA
aev91372 @ yahoo.com

Re: Newbie wants to contribute ....

You can donate parts, but the recipient will have to claim the street value of the part.

all that counts is what is actually on the car at inspection.

One day, Mister ffffffffffffffffox!

Great!

Thanks everybody!!

I can't wait to see 24HOL in person!

CCCC