Topic: Need eastcoast cage builder

Hey folks, we are searching for someone on the east coast (PA/MD/VA/WV/DE) that can build+weld the cage for our 5&3/4 cylinder magic-induction lemon.  We have contacted several shops in the area (Including RCC, who won't return our calls), and most shops in the area flat out tell us "we don't do rollcages".  If another team can work the magic, we will gladly assist with the build and pay in cash+beer for your time+supplies.

All leads are appreciated.

-J
FinalGear; Carpe Ductum.

Team FinalGear Captain/Car Owner

Re: Need eastcoast cage builder

Send an email to RobL here on the boards. 

We thought we had found someone in NJ but he's being kinda flaky.  Rob has stepped up to help us out and he knows what it takes to make a good Lemons cage.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Jimmy at RCC is on vacation this week. Shoot him an e-mail and he'll get back to you. he is great to work with.

Nemesis Ridiculii 240SX

What JMo said, Jim is busy and it is a business, consider $$$. Building a cage takes time for even an experienced builder.

JThw8 wrote:

Send an email to RobL here on the boards. 

We thought we had found someone in NJ but he's being kinda flaky.  Rob has stepped up to help us out and he knows what it takes to make a good Lemons cage.

+1 on rob.  He helped us a bunch, and his cages are very well done.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

RobL just did a cage for us.  Great to work with.

If RCC can't help you - let me know.  Which race is this for?

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

We testeed one of Rob's cages by rolling the car a year ago.  Guess what-no damage.  The cage needed nothing to run again, and you can barely tell the car was rolled.  He does great (and safe) work.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

RobL wrote:

This would be for Summit Point.

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

PunisherBass wrote:
RobL wrote:

This would be for Summit Point.

Summit would be very very tight but I'll stand by my word and if RCC can't help you, I'll get it done.

We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.

11 (edited by mj71 2010-05-12 01:42 PM)

Ours is in J/E Import Performance as I type this.  They're not cheap, but they're perfectionists.  $2,200 flat rate for a custom cage.  I was not able to find less expensive in the area.  Talk to James.

If you do go, demand to see the G35 with the Ford GT engine under the hood. cool

Fissure Brothers Racing
2010 Capitol Offense Rookies

We used S&W racecars to fab a kit.  a local is welding it up as we speak.  No issues so far....

mj71 wrote:

Ours is in J/E Import Performance as I type this.  They're not cheap, but they're perfectionists.  $2,200 flat rate for a custom cage.  I was not able to find less expensive in the area.  Talk to James.

I'm definately not charging enough.

For $2200 I could afford to buy a bender and alot of tube to make mistakes with.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

All true.  Lesson learned: Don't buy a car that doesn't have a common weld-in kit.

Fissure Brothers Racing
2010 Capitol Offense Rookies

Go with Jimmy at rollcagecomponents.com

He does great work, great price, great experience

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible