Topic: WHO ALL GOT RIPPED OFF MY MCON AT THUNDERHILL

THEy charged $150 for welded an exhaust pipe back together it took ten minutes  and it looked like a a blind man did it .Also used non shielded wire and looked like chicken poop.

THen the owner there was saying Jay didn't want him to race and to help cars out at at the track.

I heard a bunch of other stories out there !

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Re: WHO ALL GOT RIPPED OFF MY MCON AT THUNDERHILL

Well... I've encountered him before and paid through the nose... he's an opportunist... what else can I say...

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

Didn't you ask how much it would cost before he did it?

You are only entitled to the space you occupy.

OTOH, separate the quality from the price. He offered a service you were willing to pay for. Who's fault is that? That it was poor quality should have been addressed on the spot should'nt it? Can always bring your own stuff? I don't like being at others mercy, but you didn't have to pay it. Some metal strap and a couple muffler clamps might have fixed ya enough....

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

MCon.  Is that MCE?

They extracted a broken bolt from a hard to get place for me.  I was satisfied with that so I asked them to drill a couple holes and supply some bolts in order to mount my fire extinguisher bracket in the car.  I could have done it myself but the car was already in their shop and it was only going to take a minute.  The guy (the employee, not the owner) said he'd weld it instead.  I naively agreed.  Much smoke and splattery welding transpired.  When I went over to see what was going on it came to light that he had melted a hole through the floor and the greasy bottom of the car was on fire.  I had to use my fire extinguisher to put out the fire which left me with no fire extinguisher to pass tech with.

We drove all over town looking for one that would fit our bracket without success.  We bought one with a smaller bracket and started over.

I talked to another guy who had been up there.  He had MCE install a cage crossbar in order to pass tech.  They were victims of the same welder.  It took 5 hours and the guy melted their seat cover and burned their harness to the point that the harness had to be replaced.

The Lemons guys were nice enough to have one of their guys bring a new harness up from the bay area on Friday night.

Trevor 57: Yes, he said what the rate would be.  One assumes the rate is for competent work.  One expects that the work is not going to be worth a negative number.

Spinnetti: He purported to offer a service I would pay for.  The service he actually provided was something that he should have paid me for.  It's true that the poor quality should have been addressed on the spot.  But we're not talking about me not paying him for his work.  We're talking about him paying me for damage.  I now had extra scrambling to do to get ready for tech.  I didn't want to waste precious time trying to organize evidence for a legal claim.  My only true recourse is to post my experience on this forum in the hopes that others won't suffer the same way I did.  I didn't even think of trying to get money from him.  In fact, I even paid the $150 he asked for.  I just chalked it up to gaining life experience.  It's hurting my neck talking to you while you're up on that horse so i'll stop now.

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

squidbreath wrote:

I talked to another guy who had been up there.  He had MCE install a cage crossbar in order to pass tech.  They were victims of the same welder.  It took 5 hours and the guy melted their seat cover and burned their harness to the point that the harness had to be replaced.

To the guys on the East Coast - If you are ever in a situation like this, come find me.  If I can, I'll help you out and it won't cost $150 for a single freaking exhaust tube weld.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

If any of you guys need stuff done at the west coast races just try and find Team Underground with the white enclosed that says Dailey Motorsports on the back of it. We usually have everything needed to fix pretty much anything and are more than willing to help you and just ask to pay it forward!

Fish wrote:

We usually have everything needed to fix pretty much anything and are more than willing to help you and just ask to pay it forward!

pay it forward???  Pfft.  Coffee and/or beer for me.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:
Fish wrote:

We usually have everything needed to fix pretty much anything and are more than willing to help you and just ask to pay it forward!

pay it forward???  Pfft.  Coffee and/or beer for me.

Of course we would never deny any beverages that happened to be left behind!

Same with the Cannonball Bandits.  We're experts at making sh!t stay on cars (see wienermobile, tiger woods diorama). 

We work for beer!

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

RobL wrote:
squidbreath wrote:

To the guys on the East Coast - If you are ever in a situation like this, come find me.  If I can, I'll help you out and it won't cost $150 for a single freaking exhaust tube weld.

And help many people rob has.  He doesn't like to blow his own horn, but he will, and has helped anyone that will ask.  He saved our butts at Nelsons last year.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

That's why you always get a driver on your team that has a welder.  Doesn't even matter if he can drive.  I guarantee it will pay off.  Our welder drives well--bonus!

The Guy didn't say a price we had clamps and that wouldn't pass tech. I Just hate opportunist.

I live with the whole pay it forward

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER

Whose MCON?

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

squidbreath wrote:

MCon.  Is that MCE?

Spinnetti: He purported to offer a service I would pay for.  The service he actually provided was something that he should have paid me for.  It's true that the poor quality should have been addressed on the spot.  But we're not talking about me not paying him for his work.  We're talking about him paying me for damage.  I now had extra scrambling to do to get ready for tech.  I didn't want to waste precious time trying to organize evidence for a legal claim.  My only true recourse is to post my experience on this forum in the hopes that others won't suffer the same way I did.  I didn't even think of trying to get money from him.  In fact, I even paid the $150 he asked for.  I just chalked it up to gaining life experience.  It's hurting my neck talking to you while you're up on that horse so i'll stop now.

lol... easy now.. It does sound pretty bad actually.... watch out for the horse poo on your shoe!

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

Stop by the EGR trailer next time. They were doing lots of cage upgrades and other repairs at Infineon and at Thunderhill last winter.

Clamps don't pass tech?  I thought when they said welded or bolted, that the bolted referred to exhaust clamps.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

YES MCE      MUCH  CRAPPY EXPERIENCE

19 (edited by TheHeckler 2010-05-13 10:10 AM)

We will have our big hammer, tubing bender, welders and infamous "on car" spring shortening plasma cutter at the Dallas race if anyone needs help.

And we accept beer, shots or good stories as payment

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

TheHeckler wrote:

How about a story detailing trying to get a father in-law's ashes from A to B via courier service?

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

m610 wrote:

Stop by the EGR trailer next time. They were doing lots of cage upgrades and other repairs at Infineon and at Thunderhill last winter.

+1
EGR put HRS of time into the Faster Farms cage upgrade on the fly Friday night at Pointless. The charge was VERY reasonable. And I did not ask what it would be before hand. I left a nice tip!

PunisherBass wrote:
TheHeckler wrote:

How about a story detailing trying to get a father in-law's ashes from A to B via courier service?

Probably zip lock bag in coffee can and Fed ex

fabtoys wrote:

Probably zip lock bag in coffee can and Fed ex

It's amazing how many times they'll hang up on you when you mention a persons ashes.

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic