Topic: Lemons Membership Required?

Is everyone now required to buy a Lemons membership? I remember in past years you did not need to buy a "license" (NASCAR etc.) if you had SCCA/NASA etc. race license. Does the Lemons membership now take the place of  any license requirement and now even people with race licenses also need a Lemons membership?

Re: Lemons Membership Required?

shoup wrote:

Is everyone now required to buy a Lemons membership? I remember in past years you did not need to buy a "license" (NASCAR etc.) if you had SCCA/NASA etc. race license. Does the Lemons membership now take the place of  any license requirement and now even people with race licenses also need a Lemons membership?

Yes.  They no longer accept other sanctioning bodies licenses. 

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewt … 794#p25794

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

or from the rules page

2.2: Driver Eligibility: All drivers must have a valid US or International driver's license and a valid Lemons Competition Membership card. Lemons Competition Membership cards are good for one year from the race for which they were purchased and are made available to all drivers after their team is accepted. No other competition licenses or memberships are recognized or reciprocated.

2.2.1: Drivers Under 18: Drivers under 18 years of age must get a notarized letter of permission from their parents or legal guardians. You might also want to ask said parents or legal guardians why they'd ever allow you to do this; it probably means they've been poaching your college fund.
2.2.2: No Passengers Allowed: Due to the strident insistence of the Fun Police, no passengers are allowed.

Pendejo - There is no such thing as a racing budget and if you can't afford to set it on fire and watch it burn while drinking a beer then don't race it.

shoup wrote:

And why? Why this vast injustice?

My totally uninformed rash speculation: insurance requirements.

Rail against them like you would the dying of the light, but without insurance we don't get to have our fun parties in this series.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

so how many other organizations accept Lemons licenses?  if that starts happening then maybe there is something to argue about

eljefe17 wrote:

so how many other organizations accept Lemons licenses?

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!!  Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!

And Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!!

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Chump does, maybe that's the second one you listed

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

"Sparky" Pete wrote:
eljefe17 wrote:

so how many other organizations accept Lemons licenses?

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!!  Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!

And Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!!

+100

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Other sanctioning bodies accepting a Lemons comp license would be like a bar letting you use your library card to get in the door.

Serj wrote:

Other sanctioning bodies accepting a Lemons comp license would be like a bar letting you use your library card to get in the door.

Don't you mean your library allowing you to check out books with your "beer knurd" rewards card

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas

IgnoranteWest wrote:
Serj wrote:

Don't you mean your library allowing you to check out books with your "beer knurd" rewards card

okay, what about a strip club letting you use your ticket stub from an R-rated movie to get in?