Topic: Video of the Italian flag Alfa spinning in Turn 10 at Thunderhill

Sorry I can't remember the team name.. I was even spotting for our team (Prickstine) with one of their guys, and I STILL forgot the name.

I spent about 15-20 mins chasing the Eyesore Miata at the end of the race.  Passed 'em at least once, but then got re-passed straight away.  They got by the Alfa and I was then behind the Alfa for about a lap before I pressured the driver going into Turn 10, and... this happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trQx8D4Ae68

Awesome race, everyone!

- reid

Re: Video of the Italian flag Alfa spinning in Turn 10 at Thunderhill

That Alfa was ahead of us in the rankings at the end of day one. Not sure what happened to them.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

The Afla was doing great until they broke their transaxle Sunday afternoon. They swapped out the whole tranaxle in amazing time - I think it took about 40 minutes.

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

Those Alfa rear mounted transaxles are easy to pull out. You don't even have to pull the transaxle to replace the clutch. Now that's some Italian engineering for ya!

The trouble is, if you want to replace the rear brakes on one, you have to pull the whole trans-axle (I think). I'm glad none of my Alfas require that.

Will

Filthy Faux Porsche 935

1959 Alfa Giuletta 101.02 Sprint (huge project) 1969 Alfa 105.51 GTV (daily driver, now dead)
1969 Datsun 2000 (race car, current daily driver)