Re: Reno Fernley reopens!

Looks like there is room in this year's schedule for a Reno race in early November. Do it Jay!

Reno kicked my ass. Without someone to follow I was totally lost over the top 2/3rds of the track.

Following people was also a horrible idea, but at least you had a small heads up about your impending doom. It gave you a half second warning to contemplate your stupidity when the fool in front disappeared in a big dust cloud. Great brakes in a slow car helped.

Can't wait to go back!

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

random_tox wrote:

Looks like there is room in this year's schedule for a Reno race in early November. Do it Jay!

Bring a set of snow tires if you come in November, just in case.

Paul, aka BuFord Hogswaller:  Team Captain, Team Bavarian Ranchero and Team Pink Lloyd

Our Capri is still jetted for the altitude. Wonder why it blew up at Sears Point?
MMT

"Sparky" Pete wrote:

Reno kicked my ass. Without someone to follow I was totally lost over the top 2/3rds of the track.

Following people was also a horrible idea, but at least you had a small heads up about your impending doom. It gave you a half second warning to contemplate your stupidity when the fool in front disappeared in a big dust cloud. Great brakes in a slow car helped.

Can't wait to go back!

Sorry about the dust....I was in a Fiero....

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

"Sorry about the dust....I was in a Fiero...."

then it was smoke? big_smile

Naw, with the escaping steam and the cooling crosswind blowing over the engine cover at opposite lock, we had the fire well under control...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....