Topic: Passengers at Friday track days

I know that the Fun Police insist upon no passengers in cars during the race (rule 2.2.2), but it would have been if I could have ridden with my team's less experienced drivers during Friday's track day at Goin' For Broken.  Could I get a second seat & harness, mounted in the same fashion as the driver's seat, and have passengers during the Friday practice day?

Cobra Kai (1994 Volvo 940)

Re: Passengers at Friday track days

I'm going to guess the same insurance regs that apply during the race apply during the practice but this is one of those questions you are better off sending directly to Jay or Nick.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Friday practice is rarely organized by Lemons.  It's usually a trackday put on by the track itself, so the rules will vary race to race.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

I've shown up with a passenger seat and harness to do this in the past, and was told no. To my surprise, at THill, they made an announcement that implied that they would allow "approved passengers"... and I left my spare seat and harness at home due to past experiences.

I'll probably bring that stuff along next time, just in case.

To finish first, first you must finish. -Rick Mears
Pandamonium Racing

Friday practice is put on by the tracks themselves so it is up to them.

We have a properly mounted passenger seat with harnesses for instruction purposes.

Two of my drivers are instructors, one of which is a member at MSRH and qualified to instruct there.  We have not been able to have him instruct during Friday practice.

I think this is a good idea and would like to see a way to make this happen.

I appreciate the fact that anyone with a driver's license can race in Lemons.  That said, a driver with no track experience is a bit of a safety hazard.

Hopefully, the tracks will work out a way to get instructors in the car during Friday practice.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z