Topic: Mulry make the News

Dallas Morning News, that is...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent … 6dc37.html

Re: Mulry make the News

When the reporter was out at the house last week, he asked me to start it, and I was like, hey, no problem, it started like a week ago. So I cranked it, it turned over, no fire. Hmm. Try again, same result. Double hmm. Then I was totally distracted the rest of the time we were talking -- WTF is going on, I haven't changed anything on the engine since then. Weird.

About an hour after he left, I remembered the first rule of troubleshooting: is the computer plugged in? No. I forgot that I'd pulled the ECU when doing some welding on the front end to keep from zapping it accidentally.

Of course, I still haven't plugged it in and tested the engine again. Gotta finish the important stuff like the paint job!

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Nice write up. We'll see you Friday!!!

Pat!
You are such a media WHORE!

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

5 (edited by VRO 2010-05-31 12:41 PM)

"At age 38, Mulry exemplifies the quintessential Lemons driver – neither talented nor well-funded. "

Well now, that's gotta make a guy feel good! Better you than me, else it woulda read "neither talented, well-funded nor good looking".

Don't feel too bad about the ECU/starting issue.  I was once showing off a production racer I picked up on eBay to a neighbor, bragging about the deal I got on it. Tried to start it 3 or 4 times, no fire at all (odd, it was running last night). Although he kept it to himself I'm sure he was thinking "yeah some deal, dumbass". Tinkering with it later revealed the culprit.

Forgot to turn on the master power......

Are you tired of taking life seriously – your job, exercise plan, politics, carbon footprint, whether your food's grown locally?

Exercise plan!  Are you kidding me?  What exercise plan?

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Last year, winners got checks written on toilet seats. Organizers shot a video of them trying to cash their checks at the bank.

Oh the misinformation makes me weep a bit...

Congrats on the article man!  Your wife really is a saint!

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

craznoe wrote:

Congrats on the article man!  Your wife really is a saint!

Thanks! It really is the truth. She's out in the driveway right now putting the finishing touches on the paint for our theme. Watch out for the rainbow wigged MR2! smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.