Topic: residual value howto?

Could someone please walk me through the process of requesting a residual value?  I've searched the forums and faq but came up empty for a definitive answer.

To which address do I send the request?

What needs to be included in the request?

Can I still sell parts off the car after I have received a residual value?

Thanks,

Paul

Re: residual value howto?

E-mail Jay and he will give you a value.

Paul, aka BuFord Hogswaller:  Team Captain, Team Bavarian Ranchero and Team Pink Lloyd

1. Email Jay with a description of what you broke/need to replace, and how much you think it will cost to replace said broken stuff.
2. Include photographs if you're claiming a thrown rod, nuked differential, bent struts, etc.
3. If your car is on our Sweat Extra Hard list (e.g., E30, Integra, RX-7, Neon, etc), Jay might invite me and Judge Jonny to give our opinions of your request. If this happens, we will give you what we call the "Presidential Treatment," i.e. we will assume you're as honest as Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton combined and go from there.
4. Jay will give you a residual value. If you're driving, say, a Fiat 124 Spider, you'll probably get a $5.98 residual. If you're driving a 325iS, you might get a $499.97.

Judge Phil wrote:

If you're driving a 325iS, you might get a $499.97.

Hey, wait a minute: The sChITROEN got a $499.95 residual! I NEED those extra 2 cents so I can get a turbo for it!

Spank wrote:

Hey, wait a minute: The sChITROEN got a $499.95 residual! I NEED those extra 2 cents so I can get a turbo for it!

How did that happen? Did you brag to Jay about how nothing broke?

Judge Phil wrote:
Spank wrote:

How did that happen? Did you brag to Jay about how nothing broke?

Oops, sorry. I inversed that (both in reading and typing). The sChitroen is only worth $.05 after the race, meaning I can dump the $499.95 back into it (in the form of hydraulic fluid, no doubt).

What I think we really need to spend it on is bribes. I'm thoroughly embarrassed that my Team (Bean) mates didn't uphold their end of the bargain and offered you barely enough to earn half of a "bribed" stencil. Oh the shame. I won't let that happen again.

Would a 1 hour stint on track driving the sChitroen be a suitable bribe? Or is that more of a judicial punishment...

Spank wrote:

What I think we really need to spend it on is bribes.

Good thinking, although the act bringing a Citroën to Lemons should be considered a bribe. The teams that really need to get their bribes in order are the ones driving E30s with lame themes. Perhaps the Cannonball Bandits, Bavarian Ranchero, or Eyesore could start a consulting business, helping lame-themed E30 teams get their shit together.

Bavarian Ranchero is one of the best themes I've ever e-seen.

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

Judge Phil wrote:
Spank wrote:

What I think we really need to spend it on is bribes.

Good thinking, although the act bringing a Citroën to Lemons should be considered a bribe. The teams that really need to get their bribes in order are the ones driving E30s with lame themes. Perhaps the Cannonball Bandits, Bavarian Ranchero, or Eyesore could start a consulting business, helping lame-themed E30 teams get their shit together.

Here is some free advice in my new role as E30 Lemons Consultant:

Take a perfectly good E30, forget about doing anything that makes the car go faster, and instead spend hundreds and hundreds of hours on bodywork that actually makes the car slower.  That is the ticket to success!

BuFord Hogswaller
Team Captain
Bavarian Ranchero

Paul, aka BuFord Hogswaller:  Team Captain, Team Bavarian Ranchero and Team Pink Lloyd