Topic: So who else hasn't finished their car for the North Dallas race yet...

No worries here but the Bastardos have 2 cars to finish...

The Lincoln is minor stuff, we could race it as it sits in the shop today but it still has a lot of suck in it.

The Dauphine is still short wiring, plumbing and details like brake lines and firewalls...  About 40 hours of work and 48 hours until the race.   Coincidence, I think not...

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

Re: So who else hasn't finished their car for the North Dallas race yet...

TheHeckler wrote:

The Lincoln is minor stuff, we could race it as it sits in the shop today but it still has a lot of suck in it.

The Dauphine is still short wiring, plumbing and details like brake lines and firewalls...  About 40 hours of work and 48 hours until the race.   Coincidence, I think not...

Similar boat. Miatastang has a bad miss that we thought we fixed, but it isnt. Probe is close, but we had to redo the seat mounting and the harness bar because we were in the roof with the taller drivers. We got most of that accomplished, and now we have to put in padding and belts.

Captaining two Lemons teams is like balancing a bowling ball on a pencil. Most of the time, you have to put a hand or two on it.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

We actually have both cars ready to go with more than a day to spare.  The wagon has a leaking front strut, but I have something to replace it with if it drives too bad.

Property Devaluation Racing

Drivers wanted for TX races

Just have to zip-tie the rollbar padding (replacing the $5 foam around the noggin with the good stuff) in place and flush out the coolant w/ water...

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

YesIFit wrote:

Just have to zip-tie the rollbar padding (replacing the $5 foam around the noggin with the good stuff) in place and flush out the coolant w/ water...

you drive a Mini with ys i fit on the plates?

Team Lost in the Dark
2012 Gulf region champs

Baron wrote:
YesIFit wrote:

Perchance...

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

YesIFit wrote:
Baron wrote:
YesIFit wrote:

Perchance...

Then I possibly saved you from a lot of headache, my wife was pulling through the highlands and nearly pummeled you while you were backing out behind a big suburban-ish SUV. I was riding shotgun and noticed your wheels and stance, and then noticed my wife wasnt paying attention and yelled at her to stop.

You can repay in beer, if you like.

Team Lost in the Dark
2012 Gulf region champs

Much obliged. Which delectable variety of Rahr & Sons do you prefer?

YesIFit wrote:

Much obliged. Which delectable variety of Rahr & Sons do you prefer?

Cold. We can trade brews and build stories, too!

Team Lost in the Dark
2012 Gulf region champs

TheHeckler wrote:

I should hit Dallas about 10pm tomorrow - I'll get to the shop ASAP.

PM the address so I can print out a map. I have beer in the car and am prepared to wrench / wire / weld all night.

oh - apparently I'm some kind of idiot savant at bending hard lines too. Something about spatial recognition that I excel at. Everyone has to be good at something right?

Well we did get the Dauphine to ECR.  Too bad it broke a half shaft ( joint actually ) 100 feet into its first powered trip. 

I will have it at a future Lemons!

The trophy is displayed in the living room already.

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang