Topic: More Diamante Hoonage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3hdA46R … re=related

Intentional...

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Re: More Diamante Hoonage

Good tactic, doing it on the last lap. The self control of the driver, being tempted every lap he/she drove, to wait that long is impressive.

So it is the greatest "staged" photo in Lemons history?  Blah.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

m610 wrote:

Good tactic, doing it on the last lap. The self control of the driver, being tempted every lap he/she drove, to wait that long is impressive.

Is it bad I never noticed it was out there until the picture was posted?

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

Wow, doesn't even give me credit for the youtube find, thanks Rob tongue

Watching it again, he actually corrects his line to make sure he hits it... good stuff roll

Kurt Krumm
STS
Current car: who the hell knows
Prior offenses to sound judgment: Toyota coROLLa, Audi 80, Toyota MR2, Ford Crown Vic chop job

notice there is no other cars nearby when this took place.

You all missed the part where they came up to us and asked if we'd let them back on for one lap just so they could hit the beach scene/watermelon.

We of course said, "YES!!!!"

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2010/06/beachdisaster-800px.jpg

Aftermath. And, yes, the Diamante guys were eating watermelon chunks out of their radiator.

... Did anybody at any point bother to tell them that spray paint isn't a very good conductor of heat?

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

EyeMWing wrote:

... Did anybody at any point bother to tell them that spray paint isn't a very good conductor of heat?

The part I found funniest was after my brother took their rear bumper cover off in T1, they came into the paddock and painted the silver/rusted bumper beam green.

Justin
Team Cardorks: #901 Amtrack E36 / # 902 Philly E30 / #903 Integra TypeArrr!
Driving something, somewhere.

EyeMWing wrote:

Hey, at least they didn't Bondo the radiator, to make it stronger. Here's an illustrative tale about these guys and their approach to car prep:

At the Southern Discomfort race, I figured the Diamante would be a good candidate for the PillarCam (tall, softly sprung, slow). The PillarCam's uses some 10mm lag bolts for its super-high-tech mounting system. When I asked the Diamante guys if I could borrow a 10mm tool of some sort to tighten the bolts, they didn't have a socket or wrench in the most common size fastener on their race car. What they did have was a bucket of random carpentry tools, fishing tackle, Bud Lite cans, etc... and an entourage of about 40 friends, all having a great time. I'm pretty sure they also lacked tools in 12mm and 14mm sizes as well. This would explain their difficulty in performing basic brake-pad replacement, among other things.

This Keystone Kops performance was actually sort of a breath of fresh air after experiencing some of the super-uptight California teams who get Herr Überleutnant Team Kapitan (note that I'm not mentioning any E30 teams by name here) keeling over from a stroke when the white zip-ties get mixed in with the gray zip-ties.