Topic: Racing Gear for the big folks like me

Hello All,
I'm trying to get a team together for the Washington race next year.  So far just me and a buddy.  However upon looking for a race suit I am having issues finding a suit for Big and Tall.  I am 6'5" and 400lbs.  Biggest I can find was 3X.  I did a search and found out what to do for my large head (Bell M4) so any recommendations would be welcome.  Also any other things I need to consider for my size in our build and gear.

Thanks,
Big

Re: Racing Gear for the big folks like me

I have a bell M4 and a big ass head.  I am also 6'5" 290.  Go to wesco performance and have a custom two piece made.  It is like 300-400 bucks and well worth it.

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

I just had Pyrotect  make me a custom suit because I'm 6'5" and 210 and all the xxl and 3xl were too short in the legs for me. They actually had me contact the people who make their custom suites and after a couple of emails we had everything worked out and I had the suit in about two weeks.The cool thing is I was able to have them embroider the Lemons logo right on the suit. All done it was just over $500 including shipping for a two layer just the way I wanted it which was less then they quoted me. They were great people to deal with.

Wes Conklin
Team California Mille
2007 Eyetalian Class Champions
20+ races and still going strong, Finally won one. Pacific Northworst Winner 2012.

The RJS two layer was way less expensive from Wesco.

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

Just gonna drop some hella props for Racequip in here. If you can squeeze into their 3XL, they have some 3-layer SFI-5's on clearance for $180 (Mine was branded with SafeQuip logos, which they now only use for their custom jobs - so that explains the clearance).

Item is here: http://store.racequip.com/closeout120se … suits.aspx
Sizing chart is here: http://02c8533.netsolstores.com/sizingcharts.aspx

And a note on how they do business if you decide to go that route - if you order from their web store, normally they'll hand off your billing and shipping into to one of their distributors, but you're only billed what RaceQuip charges, as opposed to what the distributor charges (which is usually noticably higher - so you save money!). However, if you have clearance items in your order, they'll ship it themselves.

The caveat is that if they're shipping it themselves, they can't accept Amex, and their web store allows you to order with Amex because their distributors CAN accept it. Easy enough to fix on the phone, but potentially problematic if you're ordering at the last minute.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Thanks everyone for the response.  Going to get my measurements done this weekend so I don't buy something that doesn't fit.  Those closeout prices on Racequip are appealing.  Inseam may be a little short though.

Go to Racesuits.biz and actually call the guy because he is super cool and is a big guy like us and he usually carries the two piece stuff to fit. He gets custom suits made also from various suppliers and his prices are great.

Pendejo