1 (edited by JThw8 2010-06-21 12:37 PM)

Topic: Some other race at somewhere else by some other group

Hey all. Just didsome other race at someplace else. A true 24 hour race. What a blast! No penalties, no judges, no jokes, no kidding! REAL racing at its best! LOTS of Lemons guys there that were going all out. Driving like dickheads, dive bombing corners, drafting, all sorts of crazy shit. No penalty box, only the occasional stop and go for passing under yellow or using banking when you should be on the apron. The former Lemons entrant with an Integra won the whole thing, collecting $2000 in the process. Great drivers and great strategy! There was a lowly mid 80's 4 door honda that got second. Slow as hell, but they kept it out there and kept on moving, and voila, they got 2nd! For any of you Lemons guys that want to race more and do comedy routines less, you ought to go to the Chump Race at Hallet end of August.

The other guys are friendly, happy, and eager to put on a good race. They don't assume every competitor is a dishonest worthless piece of crap. They don't throw a lot of black flags. And not once did I hear "Ok dumb ass driver, tell me why we black flagged you!!" and then the inevitable litany of terrible things the driver did, with all the judges and officals laughing at him. Fun to watch it happen, a little less fun if you are the driver being humiliated!

I hear Jay is a real nice guy, open to all, and inclusive to all. I wonder how long this post will stay up?

Anyway, check out my useless trolling. Most fun I have had racing ever.

Re: Some other race at somewhere else by some other group

wtfawdt wrote:

No penalties, no judges, no jokes, no kidding! Driving like dickheads, dive bombing corners, drafting, all sorts of crazy shit. No penalty box.

Thanks for the info. Time to withdraw my chumpcar entry. I don't want to get killed nor do I want my other first-time drivers to get killed because you and others are driving like dickheads. I'll be sure to reference this post when I demand my refund.

Crazy, as in everyone was racing.

I know you Lemons guys thrive on the comedy. I guess it it was lost on you that the "crazy shit" is what everyone else in the world calls "racing". I think what you Lemons diehard do is more like a parade, where a random judge gets off on penalizing the floats. Funny, yes. Love to watch it, but let's be clear, it isn't racing.

If you like the 900 black flags and funny penalties, you are going to be REAL diappointed at a Chump car race.

As for getting killed? Let's see, death rate in some race that just started this year ZERO! Deaths in Lemons races?? I know if I answer that this post will go down before I finsih typing? If you don't believe google it, you'll see.....

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/troll_detected.png

Wow, the tone of the response certainly does not do much for the credibility of the post!

Is there a "tool of the board" award like the "biggest tool"  they gave away yesterday?

Schultz

Winner Porsche Cup CMP Spring 09 (944), Winner class 2 CMP Spring 10 (Audi 100), Organizers Choice CMP Spring 10 (Merc S500), Grassroots Motorsports Most From the Least CMP spring 10 (audi 100), Overall Winner Capitol Offense 2010 (Merc S500), Winner on laps Capitol Offense 2011 (Merc S500), Organizers Choice Capitol Offense 12 (Mercillac).

wtfawdt wrote:

As for getting killed? Let's see, death rate in Chump Car ZERO! Deaths in Lemons races?? I know if I answer that this post will go down before I finsih typing? If you don't believe google it, you'll see.....

The answer is one, by natural causes.

Please stop trolling.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Hmm ... bone to pick much? --> http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewt … 11&p=3

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

Yeah, honestly, you are right this looks like someone has come back with a bone to pick, thanks for pointing that out.  Im locking it down and to the OP, please come back and join in constructive discussion and we'll be happy to have you, but continue down this path and I'll ban you.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."