Topic: Summit Point was great! All girls team ever been done?

I just wanted to say how much we enjoyed Summit Point this weekend.  This was our first race and I must say this is a fantastic event.  I really hope Lemons comes back to Summit Point. 

I also wanted to congratulate all the drivers for being overall very courteous out on the track.  It was good clean yet challenging racing, and we had a blast!

So, I have a question; has an all girls team ever been done?  My wife who has had some track experience with driver’s ed and HPDCs.  After 5 minutes of seeing the Lemons race, she is itching to do one of these.  She wants to put together an all girls team.   

Thanks
Kris

Greenhousegassholes
White E30, Car number 911

Kris
Monkey F-ing a Football E30.  Car 911.

Re: Summit Point was great! All girls team ever been done?

I think there have been a few, although I can't specifically recall.

You guys were the white 3 series that "hates the envirionment"?

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

At American Irony there was a team of ladies (plus one male driver) called the pink ladies.

Pendejo - There is no such thing as a racing budget and if you can't afford to set it on fire and watch it burn while drinking a beer then don't race it.

Yes, we were the "environment haters", which of course is not the case.  Half of us built several hybrid SUVs in college for the Future Truck competition.   

We were next to the really awesome Sabb that sadly wound up over heating.   

Kris

Kris
Monkey F-ing a Football E30.  Car 911.

Pretty sure its been done, but rare and usually with some men helping them with the wrenching.  My fiance wanted to do a ladies only team until I told her I would not be doing all the mechanical work nor would anyone I know want to do it.  Then the interest waned pretty severely since she barely know a phillips from a flathead.  Who wants to build a car for a bunch of women who haven't been on the track and can't wrench? 

Much easier to incorporate serious women onto existing race teams.  We only have one in the Schumacher Taxi Service, to date.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Jer wrote:

Much easier to incorporate serious women onto existing race teams.  We only have one in the Schumacher Taxi Service, to date.

That's no woman, that's my wife.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

And...?   smile

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Pretty sure there have been a few all-male crews.

Camry full o'babes at Stafford last year.

1985 528e Near Orbital Space Monkeys-GONE to orbit
1989 Rustang- "It's not like it's totally undriveable..."
"We came in pieces. We left in more..."

I think the pink Saab at CMP fall last year was an all female driver team

The Express Team at NorCal races is all women drivers with their men doing the wrenching.  There was also Siren Racing at one of the last Altamont races.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."