Topic: MAM track configuration for Mutually Assured Destruction

Does anyone know if the race at MAM will be the 2.23 mile or 1.4 mile short course?

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Bullitt Bobcat 2.0

Re: MAM track configuration for Mutually Assured Destruction

Hopefully the short course with only 16 teams entered two weeks before the deadline.

I couldn't agree more.  That should save on brakes and tires since we won't be using the full front straight.  We need more folks to sign up so we have a somewhat full field.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Bullitt Bobcat 2.0

I guess i would perfer the longer track but which ever they run it should be fun.

Up to 21 teams now... sad

We midwest teams really wanted more events in the midwest, and then we get one we can't get teams to sign up.. /sadface..

-Chip

Free Candy Racing
www.freecandyracing.com

Where can we look to see the teams that are signed up? am i missing a section on the forum or the page?

7 (edited by RusherRacing 2010-06-14 12:20 PM)

Well I personally would really prefer the long course.  Even with the lower car count it would provide a little cleaner racing.  Isn't the short course for carts?  Do they ever have an actual track day on the short course?

Please let us know ASAP

Notazo6, when you go to manage a team, you get a pulldown with all the currently registered teams.

As for the car count, I'm cursing Chimpcar and their "we're not trying to invade Lemons, we're scheduling races far away from there's" and then changing their previously announced schedule to include Hallet the weekend of MAM.  They're dividing the Plains raceteams in half.

I don't think they every run track days on the short course.  Most sanctioning bodies run about 25 cars per mile so with 21 teams we will have plenty of room on the 1.4 mile configuration.  If they go with the full track, those with horsepower and brakes will triumph.

As for the Chumpcar race at Hallett, their car counts at past races have been dismal so it's anybody's guess as to how many will attend.  Hallett is a great track but MAM is closer and I want to do Lemons.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Bullitt Bobcat 2.0

Yep, I'm at MAM because I know what fun is.

I just called a buddy of mine at Hallett and he is going to text me the number of entrants that are signed up for the Chump race.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Bullitt Bobcat 2.0

We're signed up for MAM, hoping there's more than 21!  But, for us, the short track would be much better.  We only have 55HP.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

I've signed up my team a week or two ago and there is one other team I am aware of from Sioux Falls, SD but I don't know what their team name was so I don't know for sure if they have put their info in yet.

Team Merikuh
Omaha '10 wussed out, lost too many drivers sad
"Simplify, then add Awesome"

Roadki1 not sure who you are but if you are refering to us, Brad, Todd, Rusher, and Aaron.  AutoX with the SCCS

If so we have decided to withdraw.

Lemonious Monk wrote:

I don't think they every run track days on the short course.  Most sanctioning bodies run about 25 cars per mile so with 21 teams we will have plenty of room on the 1.4 mile configuration.  If they go with the full track, those with horsepower and brakes will triumph.

As for the Chumpcar race at Hallett, their car counts at past races have been dismal so it's anybody's guess as to how many will attend.  Hallett is a great track but MAM is closer and I want to do Lemons.

Try 113 on a 1 mile track. Did that at CMP in South Carolina last September.

16 (edited by CBear3 2010-06-16 12:02 PM)

Were there really 113?  It didn't feel that bad.
Although we only ran for about half an hour then took a half day break so by the time I was on track it was probably a lot less.

Thicker the traffic, the more fun it is!

Same here. There was maybe 70 - 80 when I went out 2.5 hrs in. I also raced in the May race at CMP this year and there was less traffic and I can say it was more fun to race in the heavy traffic.

When I say "most sanctioning bodies" I mean SCCA, NASA, vintage groups but Lemons is not your average sanctioning body or race.  I'm hoping there are A LOT of late entrants and we end up with 50-60 teams on the short course.  I've raced an hour long enduro at IRP one time with 60+ cars and it was a blast despite hearing loss from chasing an RX-3 for 20+ laps in my Vee.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Bullitt Bobcat 2.0

Another team from KC that would like to know this! smile

RusherRacing wrote:

Roadki1 not sure who you are but if you are refering to us, Brad, Todd, Rusher, and Aaron.  AutoX with the SCCS

If so we have decided to withdraw.

That sucks, I hope you guys will make a run at it in the future.  I doubt I know any of your team, but I happened to mention it to a girl at my office and she said her boyfriend was involved with a team buildong an SE-R for Lemons.

We may end up with a couple open slots on our team if any of your guys still want to race in August.

Team Merikuh
Omaha '10 wussed out, lost too many drivers sad
"Simplify, then add Awesome"