1 (edited by Sajeev Mehta 2010-06-14 10:41 AM)

Topic: North Dallas Hooptie: Ten Best Engineering feats

After spending a few minutes (hours) in BS inspection, I decided to use my, um, voice to award the people I saw was remarkable creativity. Here's the first half of them,check it:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/piston … llas-pt-1/

Since I am not a regular forum user, I don't know how to personally congratulate everyone for their hard work.  If you made it on this list, your car certainly caught my eye.  Good job.

Re: North Dallas Hooptie: Ten Best Engineering feats

Oh, and thanks to the guy from El Toro Loco who posted with the horn button for me.  That's classic.

I liked the White SHO.  They took what looked like a yield sign or cross walk sign and fabed into an air scoop.  The engineering was so great that the car ran really cool and they did not realize it was out of water.

Justice...with a smile.

Aaannnnnnnd...PART II.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/piston … gn=twitter

Thanks again for being such engineering badasses. Hopefully I'll cover more teams next time 'round.

http://images.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/06/number3-466x350.jpg

We've been looking for some Tilton oil pumps like these for our diff (it keeps overheating) - new they are ~$200 ...and these guys have two!

fifty wrote:

http://images.thetruthaboutcars.com/201 … 66x350.jpg

We've been looking for some Tilton oil pumps like these for our diff (it keeps overheating) - new they are ~$200 ...and these guys have two!

Hummmm. $500 car my ass..................

No kidding. Unless they really start bringing it theme-wise, there's no bribe that should get them through without some laps.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry wrote:

No kidding. Unless they really start bringing it theme-wise, there's no bribe that should get them through without some laps.

The Nudists? They fed the entire paddock all weekend at the last MSR race. I think they brought more support vehicles for partying than they did for the cars.

9 (edited by TheHeckler 2010-06-18 07:45 AM)

Use old power steering pumps with remote reservoir like ford has been using for years and drive them with a fan motor.  Junkyard good and way cheaper than a Tilton pump.

For those who like numbers, a PS pump is designed to flow around 3 GPM at very low ( 800 RPM ) speed and is fine with hot oil.  For closed loop cooling of a manual trans or diff housing this is plenty of flow.

Add a fancy spray nozzle to the return and spray the gears with cool clean oil from above...

Build a junkyard dry sump system.  Unlike that wimpy oil pump in the motor a PS pump can reach 1500 PSI.  Never have a low pressure problem in your engine again!

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

10 (edited by Sajeev Mehta 2010-06-18 12:28 PM)

Zachreligious wrote:
Mulry wrote:

The Nudists? They fed the entire paddock all weekend at the last MSR race. I think they brought more support vehicles for partying than they did for the cars.

Pretty much our thinking. The bill alone for that "bribe" was in the thousands, when you consider little things like the gas money to haul all that crap to MSR. The crepes were delicious too.

I'll let Scott confirm, but I'm pretty sure they got zero lap penalties in Dallas.  I can't remember all the stuff that happened at BS inspection that day...its all a blur. smile

11 (edited by Mulry 2010-06-18 12:46 PM)

We were 2 spots over from them at Dallas. They weren't feeding anybody there. So do bribes carry over from race to race if they're extreme enough? Could I run a LMP1 car without penalty laps for 2 consecutive races if I bought blowjobs for everybody in the paddock (and if I had an LMP1 car)?

As I think is plenty apparent from our theme at ECR, we're into this mainly to have a fun time, so I don't mean to make too big a deal out of this. But IMHO, bribes are fun until someone starts bringing real equipment to a crapcan race. Then this starts getting unsportsmanlike and decidedly less fun. I realize that there's always a fine line in the traveling circus that is Lemons between it being an art car parade (although there's not so much of that in the Texas races) and a real racing event. I'd just like to see a little more fun theme stuff going on in the races (and covering your car with fake boobs for the 5th race in a row doesn't count -- I really don't mean to pick on the nudists, it's just what came to mind first) and less uber-racey stuff. Unless it's fun stuff that's combined with the racey stuff like the Eyesore guys do so nicely. Just my two cents.

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry wrote:

We were 2 spots over from them at Dallas. They weren't feeding anybody there. So do bribes carry over from race to race if they're extreme enough? Could I run a LMP1 car without penalty laps for 2 consecutive races if I bought blowjobs for everybody in the paddock (and if I had an LMP1 car)? .

If you bring a LMP1 car, can I drive? I will contribute to the BJ fund. smile

That's all I needed to hear! How about this one:

http://www.canepacollection.com/detail- … 21375.html

Not an LMP1 car, but it raced at Le Mans from 1983-85, qualified for the pole one of those years, and was clocked at 246mph down the Mulsanne Straight (I'm guessing back before they added that "Playstation" chicane. Hate that name.)

I'd bet we could work the car down under the $1.2 million mark, plus the blowjobs. Let's get that fund a-rolling! smile

With all due respect to the prancing horse, etc. I would rather have the #6 behind it.

there are lots of cars that go thru with the same weak ass theme at every event.  i can't imagine why they don't try a little harder.  we change ours at every race, and while we don't go all out, there is thought and effort put into each theme.

i wish the judges woudl start slapping penalties on the themeless cars, and also ding the repeat theme cars.  seriously, some cars have no theme at all, and they make it thru bs inspection with big cheater motors and mods just because they have raced before.

It's a Miata, get him........